Chapter Eight

-Ron-

"Who's ready to play Truth or Dare?"

"I'll go first!" Thalia said, "Umm.. Bushy! Truth or Dare?"

"Dare!" Hermione replied.

"I dare you to... kick Ron's butt, I mean, duel Ron in sword-fighting."

What? But I'd hurt her! Oh well, poor Hermione.

"Oh all right, It's okay 'Mione, I'll go easy on you." I said generously.

"Thanks, Ronald." Hermione replied with sarcasm.

"And... GO!" Percy shouted.

Hermione twisted her owl ring she always wore, it seemed to grow into a dagger? I picked up a sword that was hanging on the walls, not really surprising since we were the brave house, and we began to fight. Well, I fought, Hermione just waited for me to make the first move, then disarmed me, and judo-flipped me.

"Thanks for going easy on me!" Hermione said cheerfully, while everyone laughed.

That was embarrassing. I could feel my ears turn red as I sat down, ready for a dare that hopefully resulted in me kissing Annabeth.

"I have to get up early for... something tomorrow. I'll see you guys in the morning!" Hermione chirped while standing, "Harry you can take my place."

"Um, Ron! Truth or Dare?" Harry said.

"Dare!"

Harry smirked, "Kiss Annabeth."

"HADES NO." I expected to see Percy standing up, but instead I saw Annabeth shaking in fury at Harry.

"A dare's a dare!" I said to her, leaning in. But then the weirdest thing happened... She slapped me in the face.

"OW!" I began, "Tha--"

Then Annabeth judo-flipped me, what's with people doing that today?!

"NEVER, I repeat, NEVER try to kiss me." She snarled.

I got up, white as a sheet, and I saw Percy cackling with laughter, well, not just him, I also saw Nico and Thalia guffawing along with him.

"You taught her well, Kelp Head." Thalia said in between bursts of laughter.

"Percy, truth or dare." I said, while gaining bits of my confidence back.

"Dare!" He replied bravely.

Here's where I make him look like a wuss.

"I dare you to tell us about the hardest thing you've ever done." I replied smug.

His face darkened, as did Annabeth's, and Nico and Thalia just glared at me.

I kept staring at him until he answered, "Time for bed." He got up and began to walk to the stairs.

"HEY! You can't do that! You have to answer!" I yelled at him.

"Okay fine. I was held in a dark, dark place, where I was tortured by the enemy, and held in their prison for a very long time. The only thing that helped me push through, was the fact that Annabeth was there, but because she was there, she got tortured too. Is that a good enough answer for you?" Percy growled at me.

I gulped. I had no idea that they had been though that. And poor Annabeth!

Percy marched upstairs, with the rest of the exchange students following, sending death glares my way, expecially Annabeth. No doubt that they'll tell Hermione, and we will be on their hate list again.

As Percy and the rest made their way upstairs, I saw a familiar black mark on Percy's forearm... THE DARK MARK? I was right! They were Death Eaters! And now I could prove it!