13

Being seated in front of the warm brightly glowing fire, both Beorn and Ylva became steadily aware that there was movement from outside. Ylva was curled up laying on her good side, enjoying the warmth of the fire and the way it made shadows flicker over everything. She watched these shadows dance with a distant look in her eyes before the crunch of snow caused her ears to prick up.

Beorn, in a similar fashion, stopped doing what he was doing and looked over his shoulder towards the door. He was occupying himself with carving more things for their home. Ylva had been watching him before being distracted by shadows. Turning the knife in his hand, he tapped the handle of it against his palm. The noises still persisted outside, if anything they were drawing closer. That was something which naturally caused both of them to tense with apprehension. Ylva pushed herself up to sit. Inwardly, she cursed still wearing a sling, if the movement outside was stemming from someone who wished them harm, she had no way to truly defend herself.

Relying on Beorn all the time as not fair, she felt relatively guilty for it. Though he showed no concern or worry or even care for having to look out for her, it still caused her to feel guilty. She was very able to look out for herself...if only she wasn't still wearing this blasted sling! She shook her head and looked to the door, seeing as how Beorn's guard dropped and he looked over his shoulder at her, she tilted her head in confusion. Obviously whoever was out there wished them no harm.

Jumping up, she pottered over to his side and peered around him. "Radagast!" Ylva naturally beamed.

"Oh!" Was the reply though it came out in a flustered tone. Radagast looked like he had been hiking for hours. He was covered in snow, clearly he had fallen over once, or perhaps twice. "I was just about to knock, but got beaten to it."

"We could hear you," Beorn rolled his eyes. What was the point of waiting for the wizard to knock when they could already hear him shuffling through the snow?

"What brings you here?" Ylva asked more politely than Beorn's blunt tone. Visitors were still not a favoured thing of his. Putting her hand on his arm, she gently nudged him to the side so Radagast could come in. Though he moved, he didn't seem too happy to do so, Beorn moved away and returned to the fire.

"I was hoping to see you up." Radagast said while fiddling with his sleeves. "You were so badly hurt." He mumbled and shook his head sadly. "You have recovered well though I see!"

"Bed rest." Ylva said. "Lots and lots of bed rest. Not that I could do much else." At this she cast a look at Beorn. He straightened up and looked over his shoulder at her. Even if she had woken up way before she did, she was rather sure he would not allow her to move or do anything. "I've been out though!" Ylva said excitedly.

Radagast smiled faintly at this while holding out his hands and gesturing to her arm. Ylva moved over to a chair and sat down while he took to gently pulling the sling away. He peered down at her injured arm before checking over the smaller bruises and scratches which had adorned her. For the most part those had still gone. The bruises around her ribs were fading slowly, the same went for the bruising around her arm.

"Perhaps a week." Radagast said thoughtfully, Ylva looked at him confused. "After a week you should be able to walk on it. Walk only! No running." He scolded and wagged a thoughtful finger at her. Ylva slunk in the chair and nodded slowly, understanding his words fully. Not that she figured she'd be allowed to happily dart off.

"Thank you, Radagast, honestly." Ylva reached up and placed a hand on his forearm. "You have been most kind and helpful. Is there anyway I can repay you?"

"Oh," Radagast sighed and waved a hand at her. "No, don't worry about it." He trailed off then and stood in silence. He only came back to reality when Beorn suddenly stood up quickly and looked at him with a frown.