‣ caesar zeppeli

req by: saintly-swan86

26. "I don't understand why you'd think that." 

caesar x genderfluid! reader 

a bit ooc?? author such a loser smh

-

"(Y/N), why don't you knock yourself out while we're Italy? We won't leave for another month, you know."

"No."

"Come on (Y/N), I'm sure it's not that bad to explore around the wonderful streets here."

"Fine, okay." you unintentionally-aggressively grab your wallet and started making your leave from the hollow yet beautifully-decorated hotel room. The wide hallways felt like it was closing in on you, the lights were vintage, the walls looked dustless and the elevator had some soothing music. Italy was a great place to be in, but you only visited the country with your cousin since your aunt recently got married. 

You walked through the sidewalks, coffee shops, bakeries, a variety of shops were there, after all, you were in the city center. A crowded area yet a calming aura surrounded it. The restaurants caught your interest, the exterior was eye-catching, once you read the menu from outside, the food price was too good to be true. You decided to try it out, since your stomach was grumbling as if a dog were roaring inside it.

Stepping inside of the restaurant felt incredibly welcoming, the warm and calm atmosphere, the wonderful smell of the food, it was amazing. One thing you noticed though, it was jam-packed. Every seat was full as you eyes scanned the whole restaurant. There was a waiter giving off a happy vibe, ready to take orders. "Would you like me to give you a seat, ma'am/sir?" he asked in a polite manner, you nodded. "Are you sure there are vacant seats?" you questioningly asked, he shook his head. 'Where am I gonna sit then?' you thought to yourself, visibly having a confused expression on your face. "If you don't mind, we'll have you sit with another customer." he replied, if the waiter was a cartoon character he would have a single drop of sweat rolling down his cheek right now. 

You understood, but kind of felt a bit inconvenient. You weren't that good with social interactions, and you hoped that the guy you would be sitting with wouldn't be chatty. You then told the waiter that it was fine. He then said a small apology and carried on with giving you your seat.

"Here's your seat, sorry for the inconvenience, ma'am/sir." he then gave you both the menu, the person you were sitting with looked.. attractive? I mean, you can't deny, he is pretty handsome. He must be carrying that 'bad boy' charm around for a long time. 

"I never knew I would meet such beauty." he smirked, you unknowingly blushed as you tried to hide it. 'This guy's such a flirt..' you told yourself in your head. "I recommend the pasta here, it's authentic and great if you're trying out this restaurant for the first time." you nodded as you kept up with his words, he grinned as his noticeable blonde hair was a bit ruffled. "I.." you stumbled over your own words. "I don't know what to order, sorry. I'm new here." he then realized you weren't familiar with much Italian meals since you weren't from Italy yourself. "Ah, let me help you." he offered. You accepted this by giving him your menu booklet. After hours of him helping, you finally got the hold of it.

"I'll just get the classic, sorry for making you waste your time." you rubbed the back of your neck, he winked at you and said; "Don't worry, you're doing great."

2 weeks later..

Caesar gently held your hand as his grip was firm, gently playing with your fingers. You sighed, instantly getting his attention. "What's wrong, amore mio?" he was alarmed that something was a bit off about you today. "I'm not used to the pet names, that's all." you lied, gulping down the guilt. Luckily, he believed your lie. "Okay~" he hummed. After the both of you went on a few 'dates', well, it was more of 'exploring Italy with the help of an experienced Italian', your bond grew together to the point where you accidentally let a few unexpected words slip from your tongue. He happily returned these feelings and started being more caring and affectionate. Such as bringing you sunflowers on the daily and sometimes teaching you how to play darts. It took you a while to know that he had some sort of power that had to do with breathing, he would only preform small tricks with it so that it wouldn't harm you. 

"What did I ever do to deserve such a blessing? I feel like a heavy stone connected to his ankle that he has to carry everywhere." you muffled out, hands to your face. Caesar listened, and let out a sigh, he then stood up, you also stood up in hopes of not losing him. He looked at you straight in the eye, but not in an intimidating manner, more of a caring one, you could see his worried expression on his green orbs. He took both of your hands and caressed both of your palms with his thumbs, rubbing circles. And then gave you a light kiss on the forehead, which sent your face heating. 

"I don't understand why you'd think that." he replied, you looked up a tiny bit since he was taller and was surprised to be given a kiss straight on your thin lips. For what seemed like forever, the kiss only lasted for about 7 seconds until he pulled away. He winked at you as you stuttered, not being able to talk without stuttering. "I- um, uh.." you blushed, a tint of crimson dusting on your cheeks. "You're not weighing me down. And I will tell you this; you are the genuine meaning of love that I've been wanting."

"Y-You're too good to me.." you commented.