‣ leone abbacchio

req by risotto_nero

abbacchio x skeptical!dark humor!reader

prompt : 18. "Why do you have a duck in your bag?"

--

You shivered your way home, the cold wind swept past you as polluted drops of rain water hit your shoulders. 'This is great, just great.'  you thought to yourself, complimenting the awful weather you were experiencing at the moment. "This little yellow piece of shit is gonna get cold," you huffed, setting your backpack on the wet, concrete sidewalk.

The duck flinched at your touch, it was inside your bag wrapped in your scarf. "It's gonna be tough having you inside there without getting caught." you muttered under your breath as you grabbed the small duck and let it rest in your inside pocket of your jacket. Good thing your pocket was wide.

"(S/N)." you said, causing you to summon your stand.

"Honestly I just wanted company." you confessed, your stand took a glance at you before sighing. You knew that your mind had a mind of its own.

You swung your backpack back on your back, you were annoyed that it was wet on the bottom but you just ignored it afterwards; since that was a useless thing to be annoyed of. Your feet were taking steps forward, as for your stand it just floated, making sure you're safe and that you don't trip.

'Oh right, Abbacchio is the only person who's gonna be there. I guess he isn't much trouble.'

You let out a sigh of relief, knowing he isn't that much of trouble and maybe is your crush. You've tried convincing yourself that he doesn't like you back and would rather jump his emo ass off of a cliff than kiss you, but your brain was being too skeptical. So you couldn't really avoid that feeling of liking him. But your brain always denied it.

As you reached your destination, you walked into the living room. Obviously, the first person there that you saw was Abbacchio, who was holding a glass of white wine. He was sober meaning that he wasn't under the influence of getting drunk, which was good since you didn't want to avoid him for the day and you just wanted to joke around with him and make him smile a little. He wasn't the type of person to let others entertain him but when it came to you that would quickly change.

He didn't greet you which was normal, he was just a sack of gloomy shit anyways. But you knew he had a lot to say; you just didn't want to force him and let him take his time.

The awkward tension in the atmosphere and the silence just clashed together and made the air more awkward for the both of you.

You rushed into the washroom, Abbacchio stopped you in your tracks by asking; "Hey (N/N), tell me a joke." 

"Why?" you asked in a confused tone.

"I've heard that you've got a dark sense of humor, and I'd like to hear one of your jokes."

"You know," you started.

"Dark humor is like food, not everyone gets it." you snickered, trying your best not to let out a genuine laugh, because you always thought that you would look weird whenever you would laugh.

Abbacchio slightly chuckled which was rare as hell, he sounded cute when he chuckled. "You should wear a smile more often, it suits you." you told him as you rushed to the washroom with a face as red as a tomato. 'Did I just tell him that? No, I don't think I did. Maybe this is all a dream or maybe I'm just hallucinating.' you told yourself, asking yourself millions of questions and brushing your hand on your cheeks. They felt warm, you looked at yourself at the mirror to realize you were blushing so much. "He must've seen me blush, I should just act like it's nothing."

You took off your jacket and took the small living bird outside of the inside pocket, you set her on the bowl of the sink (which thankfully was shining clean) and hanged your jacket on the wall heater which was set off.

"I'll clean you up and you can sleep inside my bag tonight I guess," you talked with the small duck who was being washed off with warm water in order not to get sick, you were aware that she couldn't speak but still happy with the cute look she gave you.

After being cleaned off, you wrapped her in a small towel and covered her with your jacket. She was quacking which was another thing. "Don't quack please." you asked politely, but no matter how nice you were she still quacked.

You were trying not to drive Abbacchio's attention to you, he was silently sitting down on the couch sipping his wine. Waiting for the rest of the gang to come back from their 'grocery shopping'.

Your foot steps rushed to get your bag and went back into your room, you put the duck on your study table as you made space in your bag comfortable enough for the duck to sleep in. You put your extra scarf to act as a comforter, you opened the pack of neatly chopped strawberries that was in a container in your bag labeled; 'DUCK FOOD FOR PENNY'.

"Here Penny," you told her, handing out your palm to her half-filled with chopped strawberries. She nibbled on some considering she had no teeth just yet.

Abbacchio got a little curious and entered your room with no permission, you carefully rushed to put Penny back into your bag, you zipped it slightly letting a little gap or air in between the two zippers.

"W-What do you need, Abbacchio?"

"Why do you have a duck in your bag?"

"Why do you want to know?"

Abbacchio sighed, seeming if he was annoyed. He knew it was hard for both of you to trust, but you seemed so skeptical that it was actually getting on his nerves.

"Just tell me (Y/N), I won't tell anybody."

"Are you asking me to trust you?"

It seemed as if time stopped, only silence was heard and sirens of the ambulance outside. (it was nothing important anyways)

"Fine," you gave in, putting back the poor infant duck back to its place on the study table. You continued to give it chopped strawberries.

"It was given to me by my parents to take care of, they couldn't take care of it since they live in an apartment that doesn't allow any animal at all, they're also busy. I just have to take care of it until she's fully developed and I can give her back to my parents. They told me it'll probably take 50 days for her to mature." you said, playing with the duckling, who was trying to stand up.

"I'll help you take care of it." and with that he planted a quick kiss on your forehead, leaving you confused and blushing.

--

shitty story but yeah first try ayy