Chapter 41: Thanksgiving

Megan's P.O.V.

 It was already Thanksgiving and it was cold in Davenport. Me and Jon were going to have a dinner with their family. We had invited Colby, Leighla, her mom, Saraya, and Zack. Knowing Saraya's family was on the other side of the world, I invited her and her husband. I was the closest thing Saraya had to family besides her being Abigail's godmother.

  I smiled as I saw Jon dressing up a now 6-month-old Abigail in a cute autumn onesie for their Thanksgiving dinner.

  "There we go." he said as he finished dressing the baby girl and picked her up. I smiled as came over. I stood up and kissed Abigail's cheek. "Que chula, mí amór." I cooed as Jon chuckled. "You know I love it when you speak Spanish." Jon told me. I giggled as he nuzzled my neck.

  It was then I yawned and rubbed my eyes. "What time is the dinner?" he asked. "6:30." I replied. "It's 10:35. We can sleep in late if you want." Jon said as he kissed me softly. "I'd like that." I replied. We went to out bed and I held Abigail close to me as Jon lay behind me. He spooned me while I held his hand, both of them on Abigail.

  We soon fell back into a deep, peaceful sleep.

  *6 Hours Later*

There was a knock at the door and we both went downstairs. I answered the door, revealing Colby, our mom, and Leighla. We greeted them and let them in. Soon, Saraya and Zack arrived with their Pug, Rosy.

  Leighla and Colby brought their dog, Kevin with them so he could play with Rosy and my dogs.

  Me and my sister-in-law continued cooking the food as Mom, the guys and the gothic couple played with Abigail.

  "So, how's life as parents?" Leighla asked. "Less sleep, but it's worth it." I replied. "Must feel great having a kid." she said. "It is, actually. Now that I've given you a niece, I want a niece or nephew from you." I said, making her laugh. "We can make that happen." Leighla said, making us both laugh.

  We finished the food, which consisted of stuffing, ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, fresh-baked apple pie, and some fresh-brewed iced tea with a tint of lemon. Leighla helped me set the table and put the bowls of food on it.

  "Food's ready!" I called out.

  Everybody came into the kitchen while Jon put Abigail in her high-chair. We took their seats as we served ourselves. Jon and Colby ended up basically hogging all the food. "Man, you guys haven't change a bit when it comes to holiday dinners." I said with a giggle. "Can you blame them? You're like a cooking goddess." Mom said, making us all laugh.

  "Mama."

  All of us snapped our heads to Abigail's direction. "What did you say?" Jon asked. "Hold on, let me record this." Colby said before getting his phone out, Saraya and Leighla doing the same. "Come on, baby. Say it again!" I cooed. "Mama." she spoke her second word. "Oh, my! This is so cute!" Leighla cooed at her niece. "Tell me about it! Oh, Abby!" Saraya cooed with love in her eyes.

  "My beautiful princess!" Jon said as he made funny faces to our daughter, making all of us laugh.

I took in the sight of my family and smiled. I had all I ever wanted. I wouldn't trade them for anything and didn't want it any other way. As long as I had my family, that was all that mattered.