Chapter 三 (B)

3rd P.O.V.

Scott was running through the trees, trying to find the coyote. That coyote was a shapeshifter. It was Malia Tate. He had to find her. Help her. But he couldn't find any trace of her. Scott couldn't focus his senses and use them as he still didn't fully have control of himself. He was practically racing through the woods blind.

Stiles had wandered off and Kylie noticed something in the bush, Stiles having taken Kylie with him as she had not followed her brother when Scott's roar sounded through the darkness. They moved about, trying to find Scott.

The boys ran through the trees and almost bumped into each other. They gave out scared shouts until they realized that it was only each other.

"I think I found something," Stiles said to him. "Well, Kylie did."

"So did I," Scott breathed out.

They then followed Kylie up to the scent she had smelled. It was a small cave where there were a few things scattered about. "It's a coyote den," Stiles explained.

"Werecoyote," Scott corrected him.

A werecoyote. Something new to add to the list of weird and bizarre things that they had come across. Malia had shifted into a coyote and had been the one that attacked her mother and sister. It wasn't a werewolf attack. It was a shapeshifter losing control of itself and had innocent people caught in its crosshairs.

Stiles moved over and picked up a small jacket. "You see this? This is Malia's. Remember, this is the same one she was wearing in the photo."

Kylie watched them from the entrance, clutching the little dollie they had found tighter.

Scott then looked about at the other human things that were gathered in the den. But Scott dropped it. "We shouldn't be in here."

"What do you mean?"

"She's not going to come back now. We just invaded her home," explained Scott. "Our scent's going to be everywhere."

"If she's not going to come back here then where is she going to go?"

Scott shook his head. "I don't know."

"Can you track her now?" Stiles said. "You think you got her scent?"

But Scott shook his head. "Maybe. But... I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf." A pit fell into his stomach. "I'm still worried that if I do it... I won't be able to turn back."

"Kylie's got a scent," Stiles said hopefully.

But the child shook her head. "I've got a bad smell."

Stiles sighed. "The door's still open," he said despairingly.

"If I can't get to Derek we're gonna have to find someone else to help." Scott gave the place another look. "This is a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out of my boss's league."

Stiles' eyes widened. "And more in my dad's."

Soon enough, Sheriff Stilinski had been called and he arrived with a few of his deputies to the coyote den. Scott and Stiles were waiting patiently off to the side watching everyone pour over the entrance to the den, Kylie was playing with Stiles' fingers as the latter and taken the doll away from her earlier on. The Sheriff was making his way out, in hand with Malia's jacket. He looked over and saw the boys and Kylie standing off to the side.