Chapter 16: Poisons

Start from the beginning

Six. Hours.

You had stayed and sat in that tent all day, waiting patiently for the moment that Jimin would finally finish talking.

You were tired, you were hot, and you were hungry.

All you wanted to do was lay in bed with a few grapes and stare at the ceiling until you fell asleep, but apparently that was too much to ask.

When the ceremony had finally ended, Taehyung had announced that everyone was invited to the palace for a "gathering of friends". You had planned to stay in your room and avoid the party, but Namjoon informed you that your presence was required.

You slowly rose from your bed, and dragged your body down the hallway, your feet dragging as you walked down the large staircase. The sun had begin to set in the distance, and the night air was cooling down the hellish inferno, so you did get a little relief.

"Headed to the party?"

Your body jumped up as Jungkook's deep voice erupted from behind you.

He laughed at your shocked state, his chocolate orbs lighting up.

"Don't sneak up on me like that." You scolded.

"Apologies." Jungkook responded as a small smile played on his lips.

You rolled your eyes and continued to walk down the massive staircase, the young servant following behind you.

"One of these days you're going to sneak up on the wrong person." You stated.

He chuckled.

"I have lived a good life."

You couldn't stop the fond smile from gracing your lips.

"So why are you sneaking around at this time?" You started. "Don't you have work to do?"

The chestnut-haired servant shook his head.

"I do not. Tonight is my night of rest."

You nodded.

"Then are you attending the party?"

He smiled at you.

"Why are you asking?" He asked. "Do you wish for me to escort you?"

Your face heated up at his flirtatious tone. You shook your head violently.

"N-No. I was just wondering. Geez."

Jungkook raised on eyebrow, his chocolate gaze taking in your appearance.

You had taken down your hair and allowed it to flow past your shoulders, your plump lips were parted and moist from where you had spent most of the day licking them in boredom. Your chest moved with every breath you took, catching the young servant's eye as he bit his lip subconsciously.

Jungkook scolded himself. He was not a child. He could not understand why he was suddenly so interested in looking at you, or brushing your hand with his, or imagining how your lips would feel against his own-

He shook his head.

CONTROL

The two of you rounded the corner and entered the Great Room where the gathering was being held.

There were people everywhere.

The crowd before you was bustling with laughter and lively conversation as the people drank and ate.

You looked over at Jungkook nervously to see that he had already disappeared somewhere in the crowd, leaving you by yourself.

"I'm gonna murder him." You mumbled under your breath.