fracture

Ella's pov

If this is death, its peaceful. Death is peaceful, calm and the silence is overpowering.
If this is death, I don't want it.

The beeping is what woke me up. My vision blurry I couldn't seem to focus it was like the lights were going on and off and it didn't seem to stop.
"Don't talk to me Bella, you could have got Ella and yourself killed" I heard Jasper say, his voice was weak and small, like a child's.
"But it was our mother... wouldn't you do-" Bella seemed to be cut off by a raging Jasper.

"You almost killed the one thing... the one thing that keeps me sane, you almost took her away from me. I can't forgive that... ever" I looked over to see Jasper standing in the doorway of my hospital room. His arms were folded defensively and his back as straight as a pole.

"Jasper you can't pin this on me!" Bella shouted. The sound seemed to penetrate my skull and echo. I moaned slightly trying to get some words out but only air came out.
I felt the bed sink down on my left and my mom came into view.

"Hey, how do you feel?" She asked curling a few strands of my long hair. I felt someone rush over to me and suddenly all I could see were Jasper wide golden eyes. My mom gave him a knowing look and she walked out of the room with Bella in tow.

Wait! Long hair? Since when did I have long hair, last time I checked I had short blonde hair!

I reached up to touch my hair and found that indeed it was long and very matted.
"My hairs long?" I questioned as Jasper simply looked into my eyes, he seemed completely lost and slightly dazed which worried me.
"Jasper?" I placed my hand on his freezing cheek and softly stroked it with my thumb.
"Jasper, what's going on?" I asked him and suddenly it was like his unfazed eyes re-opened again and he let out a dry sob. I had never seen a vampire be able to display such uncanny human characteristics. He reached out with both of his hands and turned my face up towards him.

"You're real, you're really... real" he said in disbelief his eyes showing complete shock.
"Jasper I don't understand, what's going on?" I said, my head pounding and pulsing against my forehead.
"I missed you so much... My Angel" Jasper wrapped his arms around me bringing me into the safety of his chest.
I placed my head against his unbeating heart and sighed.

"Young love" my mother smiled and closed the door as Bella bore holes into jaspers back.

Jasper pulled away and continued to look at me in awe as if I had almost disappeared completely from him.
"You were out for 3 months" he stated I stared at him unblinking.

"3 months?" I asked as he confirmed and nodded.
"I missed prom?" He nodded again.
"Jasper I know there's something else you're not telling me, what is it? Jasper I need to know!" He sighed and looked at me carefully pressing my head against his.

"The doctor said that, its very possible.... you could lose your sight completely over time and eventually you could be blind"

"How?" I asked.
Jasper clenched his fists and was unable to look at me.
"Because I wasn't quick enough, just like the last life I wasn't there quick enough"

I turned Jasper back to me and quickly planted my lips on his as I felt his return the moment; I pulled away and smiled.
"I'm still here, that all that matters" Jasper opened his mouth to say something but I pressed my finger against his lips silencing him.

"That's all that matters, I have you and you have me"
"Sorry, I just.... I don't know" he said laughing at his answer and climbed in beside me wrapping his arms around my waist and his head on my chest no doubt listening to my heartbeat.
************************************
"Have you got everything?" Charlie asked me as he knocked on the bathroom door of my hospital room.

"Yer just give me a minute" I heard the door to my hospital room.

"Chief swan"
"Jasper, what are you doing here you're supposed to be in school?" Charlie asked.
I pulled on my jacket and opened the bathroom door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as he took my hand and held it. My dad smiled and grabbed my bags that I had collected over the past couple of months lying in a coma.
"I wanted to take you somewhere, if that's okay with chief swan?" Jasper looked towards Charlie awaiting his answer.

"It's Charlie, make sure you have her back before ten"
Charlie smiled and kissed my cheeks eyeing me almost telling me to behave whilst I was out with Jasper. He hadn't quite fallen for the little excuse that Carlisle had made up about me falling through a window trying to get to Bella.

"I think my dad likes you" I said smiling and bringing him into a bear hug. We stood still for a few moments before Jasper broke the silence.
"I want to take you somewhere, if you'll let me ma'am" I smiled taking the obviously now majors hand and followed him out of the hospital.

"I'm not sure I'm quite up for sex" I stated and the major chuckled holding out his arm for me to link with him.
"It's called love making and no I just wanted to talk to you without any possible interruptions" he smiled.

"Just fasten yourself in love I'll get us to where we want to be"
***********************************

It hadn't taken us long. Jasper drove into a small clearing in the forest and we got out of the car. He faltered for a moment almost like he was nervous about doing something... I must have imagined it because he quickly took my hand and began leading me further into the forest.

"I never thought I'd get another chance to get things right... to make things right" he said and pulled me along with him. Jasper seemed completely in his element as he searched for something finally seeming to catch sight of something, he walked faster.

"Here isn't it beautiful?" He stated as he let me walk in first.

I'd never seen anything like it before, it was an old golden well right in the middle of a forest. I walked closer to see that there was a plack with writing on.

'It was once said that a young couple so deeply in love placed a ring at the bottom of the well in return for everlasting love. There love was how ever not granted'

I stepped backwards and turned around to see that Jasper had silently got down on one knee and was now holding up a slightly dirty diamond ring.

"Marry me"