Ella's mistake

Fate. Fate brought us together, time and time again. We've always been running. Running towards eachother and for brief moments in history we collided like flame to gasoline. Exploding gloriously, dancing, sizzling but at some point cold water shocked us both apart. One of us always wandering, one of us always never quite fitting in. I wonder if we had felt like this last time, so unbreakable... like nothing could put out the flame that we had created. I wonder if we ever felt like this, the world caving in around us like a black hole, did we doubt it would be the last time we would ever speak?
So many questions, I wonder.

I wonder.

Ella's pov

It was a long day travelling in the taxi and nobody made any effort to converse. The taxi driver had asked us multiple times if we were sure that the money we had was enough. I had repeatedly said that I was confident it was more than enough.

Bella kept checking her phone. Updates we few and far between, in fact there had only been one. One single text message stating:

Better hurry siggnets.

Bella flapped repeatedly about the message and caught the attention of our driver, not what we wanted. I had to tell a bunch of sad little lies to cover up for anything that Bella had burst out with during the journey.

"Bella please, stop flapping... this isn't going to make us get there any faster and if we get caught we're gonna need all the strength we can get" I said grabbing a hold of her hand and interlinking our fingers.
"I know, I just.... if she gets hurt it's my fault" Bella whispered into my ear.
"This isn't anybody's fault, its just fate.... it always has been" I looked out the window, finally able to recognise some of the old brick buildings. The studio wasn't far from us.
My mind immediately thought back to Jasper. I had imagined the look on his face when he found the letter, over and over again in my mind. Each scenario becoming more intense than the last.

"He'll forgive you" Bella said drawing my attention back to her.
"No he won't, I broke our promise" I said referring to the promise of never leaving him. Now I might never get to undo the choices that I have made.

"He'll understand Ella, she's our mother he has to understand" she gave my hand a squeeze trying to comfort me as we rolled up to our final destination.

The ballet studio.

"That'll be four hundred miss" the driver said turning around in his seat slightly. I pulled the money out of my secret purse and slowly handed it over to him. He smiled and began to count it with a large grin on his face. I scowled and left the taxi slamming the door as hard as I could. The taxi drove away with speed as soon as Bella pulled out our rucksack from the boot, which I don't think we even really needed.

I shivered as a large drop of ice cold rain dropped onto the back of my neck making its was down my spine.
"Come on, we need to go find mom"
************************************
There was a spine tingling chill inside the studio. The rain pouring down on the glass windows. We entered the main room, the mirrors surrounding us.
"Bella, Bella where are you!" Our mother's voice rang out in the studio.
"It's comming from in there" Bella pointed and we rushed towards the door to open it.
The same sentence played over and over again.
"Bella, Bella where are you!" It was simply a recording of an old home video we had taken when Bella had done one of her ballet shows. I cursed mom for make Bella take the dancing lessons that she didn't even want and half the time she skipped them without even mom finding out... quite a rebel when she was younger, suppose she still is.
My heart dropped at the sound of echoing footsteps behind us. Bella clutched at my wrist as we turned around to face the deadly monster that had conned us into our possible deaths.
"Hhhnnmm.... That's my favorite part" he said to us both, a sly predatorial smirk on his face. He turned to Bella and tilted his head almost looking puppy like.
"You..... you were a stubborn child weren't you" he taunted breathing on to her face. I wanted to push him away from her but it would have made no difference, he was made of diamonds, unbreakable diamonds.

"Sorry but you really made it too easy" he slammed his hand on the wall almost crushing my head. I heard Bellas breath whimper and I grabbed her hand, if we were going to die right now then we should do it together.
"So to make things more entertaining, I though I'd make a little film of our time together" he said, his icy breath bouncing off of my face. He ran a finger down my cheek and rested his hand on the pulse of my neck.

"I brought this from your house, I hope you don't mind" he smiled, brought out the camera and turned back to face Bella. I let out a breath. My heart thumping almost painfully in my chest.

"And... action" he pressed the record button and stepped back slightly so he could get a screen shot of our faces. Bella hid her face on my shoulder, not wanting to look into the recorder.
"Oh I'm gonna break Edwards little heart" he said grabbing Bellas chin and making her look towards him.

"You, Edward has nothing to do with this" Bella took james and me by surprise and pushed him slightly.
"Oh but he does, his rage in his feeble attempt to rescue you will only make this sport all the more interesting, for me at least" he pushed her back up against the wall.

"And lasts continue" he picked his camera up again and started filming our faces. Suddenly Bella took out the pepper spray that Charlie had given us and sprayed james. Bella pulled me a long with her as we made it for the exit. Only to have james jump in front of the door.

He was fuming and I suspect tired of the game he had created for himself.
He grabbed Bella by the shoulders and threw her backwards into the wall, hitting her head.
"BELLA!"

Bella moaned and touched the back of her head, there was blood. I ran towards her but james grabbed my wrist forcing me to the floor under his tight grip. The floor against my knees was cold and dry.
"Beautiful.. very visually dynamic" he said dragging me along with him as he got closer to Bella. I pulled on his arm the held my wrist but it only made him grasp it tighter until I felt it's snap.

My eyes widened as I slammed my free hand onto the wooden floor in pain.
"Stop, stop it" Bella said as I looked at her in pain. How are we going to get out of this one? I questioned everything.
"I choose my stage well" he said taking Bellas bloodied hand and breathing in the smell of her blood.
"It's a shame he didn't have the strength to change you... instead he kept you as this fragile human, its cruel really" he smirked.

I knew I had to do something, anything to distract him away from Bella. Edward need her more than Jasper needed me. I'm sure.
I picked up a piece of wood off the floor that must have been left from a renovation job and threw it with my one hand hitting him on the head.
He growled and turned to face me on one knee. I stood up and began to run in the hopes that he would follow me and he did.

I heard Bella being swooped up by Edward and taken to a safer place. James growled at me and grabbed me by the collar pulling me off the ground so that my feet dangled in the air.
"You bitch, you pathetic human... I'll kill you!" He shouted throwing me with fource into the air. Everything was in slow motion I saw Jasper sprinting towards me in mid air trying to catch up with the sheer speed I had been thrown at. I threw out my working hand towards Jasper as he called my name desperately reaching out his hands.
Our finger tips touched slightly but then I felt my head hit the sharpest corner of the wooded beam. White light flashed in my head, blinding me for a few seconds.

"Ella, Ella... ella!"
I opened my eyes to see Jasper he was hovering above me. His hand over his nose and mouth distracting himself.
"ELLA!" I heard Bella shout as she came into view.

"Carlisle!" Jasper shouted as I heard the crackling of a fire.
"Carlisle!" He shouted again. He shifted to the side of me as caslise came into view and suddenly everything went black.

A/N: hiya hope you're enjoying one of the last chapters of this first book. I think there's only going to be one, possibly two more chapters to this book before we move onto the sequel.
Let me know what you'd like to read in the sequel and I'm sure I could put in some of your ideas into the storyboard. As always comment I love to hear them, don't be silent readers. Thanks so much for reading this far.

See you in the next chapter xx