forty-eight

"how long have jason and david been gone for?"

scotty turns around to face [name], having to look down at her due to the height difference between them, "um..." he pauses to pull his phone out from his pocket, turning on the screen to check the time, "it's probably been a half an hour. hopefully jason didn't ruin the surprise by now." scotty chuckles, slipping his phone back into his pocket

"yeah, that would be just great, wouldn't it?" [name] mumbles sarcastically.

all of who were apart of the vlog squad were currently at david's mansion of a house, only a few more soon to show up. they had all been surprised in approximately 36 hours of [name] and layla being in la, either individually or in small groups.

most of them all had the same reaction the others did, some even recording the moment to have some interesting content for their vlog.

but now there was only one last person to surprise. and that was david dobrik himself.

everyone in the vlog squad was over to witness the moment— or vlogging it, for their own channel, of course. it was great clickbait after all.

at the moment, [name] and scotty were both stood next to the large counter in david's kitchen while everyone else was either hanging out in the living room area or out in david's backyard, "is something wrong?" scotty asks [name].

"hmm?" [name] hummed thoughtfully, "oh, no. not really. i just..." [name]'s words trail off as she averts her gaze from scotty.

"if you're scared of david, you really shouldn't be. in fact, he's the last person to be afraid of, to be honest."

"no, i'm not scared of him. i'm just... nervous."

"haven't you known him for awhile now?"

"well, yeah. but we've only ever talked to each other through a screen. this is the real deal." [name] explained, running a hand through her hair, "i know i shouldn't be nervous about meeting him in person for the first time but... i am. i was nervous meeting all of you. i... keep thinking — and i still am — that i'm just a disappointment to you guys. i don't want david's hopes to be high about me 'cause i'll probably just shatter it all."

scotty pauses for a moment while looking at [name] before sighing. his hand raises up and settles onto [name]'s shoulder, causing her to meet scotty's gaze again, "you're not a disappointment, [name]. and you're definitely overthinking this. you've met all of us that are here already. do you see any of us being disappointed with meeting you?"

[name] doesn't reply back, so scotty continued to speak, "i think the only thing you could do to disappoint david is if you don't meet him."

[name] sighs lightly, nodding her head slowly, "maybe you're right... thanks scotty." [name] smiles slightly up at scotty.

scotty returns the smile, lightly patting [name]'s shoulder he was still holding, "don't mention it." his hand drops from her shoulder afterwards.

"[name]!" the sound of the [hair color] haired girl's name being called caused her to look away from scotty and at the culprit that spoke.

corinna quickly walks up to [name] with a smile plastered on her face, "after you surprise david and all of our vlogs of this surprise get out, we have to do a video together on my channel." she pauses, "i mean... unless if you don't want to, that is?"