seventy-four

💬iMessage

new message from [name] !

[name]:
hey, i just got off my flight

layla 😝:
oh sweet
i'm omw
wait for me near the front

[name]:
got it

[name] turns off her phone, shoving it into her hoodie pocket before grabbing the trolley handle of her suitcases and wheeling them over towards where the entrance of the airport was.

pushing the door open with her hip, she walks out of the large facility and over towards an empty, public bench. once standing in front of it, she plops herself down on the metal bench with a sigh, pulling her phone back out of her pocket once again to keep her occupied until layla showed.

if [name] were to be completely honest, she didn't think she'd be this torn about leaving la. she was fine when packing her suitcases up back at david's house, and she was also fine in david's tesla driving to the airport the next morning.

she was even fine at the airport when saying goodbye to david. granted, it was a little sad to see david upset again when saying goodbye to [name]. their hug even lasted longer than it should have since david refused to let her go.

it wasn't until she had gotten onto her plane and finally took off. that's when the depressed feeling hit her. it wasn't like they ended off on bad terms when leaving, they were still as close as they were when [name] first came to la.

she just didn't realize how much she'd actually miss david.

ten minutes go by until [name] notices the familiar black corolla roll up towards the side of the sidewalk. layla soon emerges from the car, scoping around the area before her eyes land on [name]. she smiles at her best friend, giving her a friendly wave.

[name] gives her a small wave in return. layla hurriedly makes her way over to where [name] was sitting. plopping herself down beside her, she gives the [hair color] haired girl a quick hug. [name] can't help but laugh lightly, returning the same quick hug.

"i missed you, bitch." layla smiled, "i'm glad that you're back."

[name] doesn't respond back, only nods slightly as her gaze drifts away from layla. the smile on layla's face falters a bit, now noticing that something was wrong with her best friend, "hey... is something wrong, love?" layla asks softly, placing a hand onto [name]'s back, "you seem upset."

"mhmm?" [name] hums, turning her attention back to her best friend, "oh, yeah... i'm fine."

"you sure?"

[name] still doesn't respond back. she really was fine, in all honesty. she couldn't be better. everything in her life right seemed to be going great right now and there wasn't anything that could change that in the moment... only—

the blinking method david had once used seemed to rub off onto [name], as she started to blink away the tears that dared to form in her eyes rapidly, "...i miss david."

layla pouts slightly, pulling [name] into another hug, only this time the hug lasted longer than the first one, "so... why did you decide to come back?"

"i—" her voice began to waver, words failing to work for her. layla seems to notice, so one of her hands began to move around in circles on [name]'s back in a soothing matter.

"it's okay. you don't have to tell me now if you don't want to." layla said. [name] nods, hugging her best friend back tightly, "why don't you stay with me for a little while? i'm crashing at my mom's house for the week for jordan's birthday. i'm sure she'd be happy to have you around since you're basically like her second daughter. plus, you get to spend time with me for a whole week." there was a bit of a smugness in her tone to the last sentence, "...and i guess you can see my brothers again or whatever." she sounded almost uninterested about the part with her brothers.

[name] laughs softly, pulling away from the hug, "okay... yeah. that would be nice. i'll let my landlord know that i'm going to be gone for a little longer." [name] said, "and i'm definitely going to be hanging out with your brothers more than you."

"bitch i hope the fuck you don't cause i will throw you out of my got damn house if you do." [name] laughs gently again to layla's words. layla smiles, feeling satisfied that she had successfully cheered [name] up, even if it was only a little bit.

"now come on, let's grab your shit and head back to my place."

♡ ྀ࿐ ✧˖*°

lmk just say how fucking happy i was to watch david's video ( the "deleting after 24 hours" one )

like i started this book for two specific reasons. 1 being that there weren't many d.d. x reader books on wattpad and if there were ... they weren't the best don't @ me i'm sorry

and 2 being that i wanted to put it out some of the things about david nobody seems to point out that often, like him not getting enough rest and not being happy all the time, or even the stuff i personally think he might have had to deal with now/in the past like dealing with his and liza's breakup in silence for a long time or the other things i've had david talk about to [name] in this story

i deadass started crying from happiness about him saying he was going to only upload only twice a week now. all i've ever asked is for that boy is to get some got damn rest ( every time he tweeted he uploaded i would just be that annoying person saying "gO tO sLeEp pEaSanT" )

anyways, i also wanna say "vent" is now officially canon after watching that video he must've heard about my story
🤩😌✊

( i'm not gonna link the video cause ... you know ... it was going to get deleted after 24 hours )