Chapter 17

Another student missing? Which student was it? Why was everyone going missing? How could this happen? I thought this area was carefully asserted before we came. Are there some wild animals in the forest? Was I going crazy? Was this some sort of prank? I swear if it was, I'm going to kill whoever was behind it. Even though I would wholeheartedly preferred it be a prank.

All these thoughts ran through my mind when I entered the living room. Alexa and Hanna were crouched on the floor, sobbing. Everyone stayed still and quiet while some few students were crying. Carried had her hand over her face. Joanne looked shocked, holding herself tight. Graham was next to her. He looked bewildered.

Mr Cameron cleared his throat. His full eyebrows were downcast. My heart was thudding in my chest, I was certain it would burst out at any time.

"Today, I'm saddened to inform you all of the loss of another student. Michael, our brave and dedicated student is nowhere to be found." Mr Cameron pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes, looking in the distance.

Shock was an understatement. Maybe he didn't know Michael went earlier with the twins to the forest? "B-bu-b-but e-earlier, he went for a walk with the twins and Hanna."

Mr Cameron let out an exasperated sigh, "well, they returned without him. They thought he returned but when they didn't see him around after lunch, they alerted us. Mr Alessio, Graham and I went to the area they saw him last and circled the whole place." He shook his head in sadness. "He was nowhere to be seen."

My head was dizzy, a slight headache creeping in. I put my left hand on my head, to steady the pain. I wasn't seeing clearly. The whole place was blurry in my vision. The sounds of talking, crying, sobbing, were all mixed up, causing some weird sounds that I couldn't phantom to engulf my ears.

Fear is something that entraps you. You feel weighed in a tight place, with nowhere to go. That feeling is one of the worst. The adrenaline that keeps pumping in you, makes you anxious. This anxiousness leads to drastic consequences and actions. Slowly, the terror will begin to fill your mind and every part of you. That is the feeling you get when can't go out without looking back and forth. You feel like someone is constantly watching you, slowing preying on you. Waiting to take you away, to pounce on you. The worst part is that you know you are weaker that this prey, because they know your every move while you know nothing about them.

That was the feeling I got when I walked out of the main room, careful not to hit anything due to my blurred sight. I felt a drop of tear, one after the other from my eyes. My hand unconsciously wipes away a tear, as some more tears ran down my eyes. It felt hot. I had always thought that hot tears were due to the anger, pain that was hidden deep down. It was usually the worst, because the tears would make you feel distraught, annoyed at yourself and others, thinking you were not even worth the tears.

Breeze slowly slid its way into the camp, as I stood outside looking at the sky. That was when I knew it, I had to admit it. There was no two ways about it. That was when I knew I had made a mistake...we had made a mistake. And there was no going back now. We needed to face this head on. I looked sideways, feeling a chill go down my spines. I knew someone was looking at me. This was how I felt back at home or at school, when the twins would come out of the bushes just to scare me, or when Jane, Nina and Nat would team up to frighten in by hiding behind the kitchen door, or under the bed dressed in a scary costume.

We are in the lion's den, I said aloud.

Quickly, I ran back to the main room. Lots of thoughts ran through my mind like a wild animal. One thing I knew, we must carry out my plan as soon as possible. Even though my plan was made up in the last five seconds, and was scurried and would probably not help a lot, it was still better than nothing.