Chapter 32

Alessio

I was devastated when I heard what they did. I told her to wait. I was planning things for us. How to escape. I was almost through with what I was planning when I heard what they did. Going out into the woods by themselves? That was suicide. I hope she is okay. I banged my hand on my bedroom wall. Mr Cameron was punishing the students that knew what happened by making them do all the house chores. But I was furious because that will not bring her back. My preciosa. My Jameela. She really lived up to her name. She was indeed beautiful. What would I do without her? I needed to sit and think carefully to avoid any mistakes. One was enough.

On my desk, I placed a large cardboard paper and wrote the main points. Something clicked in my mind, reminding me of a book Nina gave me last night. She explained that they found few information regarding it. What baffled me was why the book was in a hidden basement. Why was there a hidden basement in the first place? I quickly checked the backpack I brought with me. Yes. My books were there. It was a last minute packing so I was scared I had left them. I brought them with me because I thought we might have some quizzes done.

I needed to finish this as soon as possible and show the rest. Mr Cameron decided to allow to bring their ideas, as there would be a meeting tonight. Although personally, I met with Nina, Ade, Mariyam, Nat and Drew. I feared there was a traitor amongst us. Even though I didn't want to tell them, I had to. Because I couldn't do what I was planning on my own. I needed help, and I chose few of them for that - those I thought I could trust. The plan was for us to meet after our meeting with Mr Cameron. I sure hoped they found something - anything that could help.

*****

"We are in the midst of danger. Our fellow students, your friends have gone. Even though you made a great mistake by planning what you did, but the deed has been done. We need to decide on how to rescue them. Although the problem is we don't know if they are alive or not." A murmur and gasps were heard. We were in the living room - all of us. It was seven thirty in the evening, when Mr Cameron summoned us. I listened to him explaining what we could do to save them. I made a shocking discovery in the afternoon. We needed to get out of this place fast. I had already planned it all out. The only problem was Mr Cameron. He might not believe me when I explain to him what I found.

My thoughts were cut short when Mr Cameron finished his speech. The floor was open for anyone that might have a suggestion, an idea or a question.

Adriana raised her hand and stood. I didn't know whether to be angry or disgusted. She wore a pink floral dress. As if she was going to a party. "i just want to say thank you to all those who gave their condolences regarding Mike. He was a great friend to us all. Thank you." She sat down sniffing and wiping tears. What on earth was that? She isn't trying to help, but she is going around faking friendship. If he really was her friend, she wouldn't be doing this. No one else said a thing except Drew who suggested that we be more careful.

Two hours later, I was sitting on a chair, surrounded by Ade, Mariyam, Nina, Drew and Nat. We had to solve this quick. Delaying time would only cause problems. My heart ached anytime I thought of mi preciosa. She was a tough one. I prayed she hold on just a little longer before I found her.

"Ok. So we know for sure there is someone kidnapping the students. First, it was Peyton. Then Mike, Dmitry. We have no way of getting out. Help might come but we don't know when. So we need to fight this head on. I did some research using the book you gave me. The term 'Noviltum Faciltum' means The Givers. Apparently, it is a name given by a group of people whose aim is to take over the world. After I did an in-depth analysis with my history books, I discovered that those people actually lived here in Savannah." A gasp from Nina filled the air. She looked frightened. Poor girl. I felt sorry for all of them. They were so young and this problems are compounding their affairs. I nodded my head at her. "Yeah. The givers performed their rituals on this land ages ago. From what I gathered, a fire once broke out and the entire village got wiped away. But according to Jogh Levorn, an occultic professor, he claimed that any time the descendant of the queen stepped foot on this land, chaos would arise. Things would change. Anarchy would be the order of the day."

"Wait. So, the queen? Who's that? And why would chaos arise?" Drew asked.

"Good question. Well, the queen is the name of the one who was given the rituals. She was the one that was given the sacred knife with which she kill four participants before killing herself. Regarding the chaos, to be honest, I also don't understand that part. There isn't any more information in the books."

We stayed silent for a while, unspoken thoughts threatening to blast the dense air. A lot of things weighed on my mind. The most important was how we were going to safe Jams and the others. We didn't know when those monsters would strike again. So we had to be fast. My only plan was to go into the forest and search for them.

I looked deep into each of the students eyes. I had to be sure none were going to back out. If they were, I would not hold them back. It was their call. We all had our fears. If this was theirs, then so be it.

"I need to know if you all are willing to risk your lives for your friends."

Confusion lay on their faces. "What do you mean?" Natalya asked.

"The only way to save them is to go into the forest. Prepared. This time, there is no going back. We must save them or risk our life and die. Who's coming with me. If you are not, well, to be honest, there is nothing I can do."

It was silent again. I sighed, thinking they had cold feet. I turned to leave before Drew stopped me. His look was determined. I knew he was going to help. "I'm with you. I will do anything to save Jameela, Joe, Ibraheem and Hanna. I will risk my lives for them." Nat wiped her forehead and raised a hand, "I'm in too. Anything for my friends." Nina and Maryam raised a hand too.

Jams was right. She had the best friends anyone could wish to have. "You all are golden friends, do you know that? Jams would be very proud." Mariyam wiped a lone tear creeping down her cheeks. "Alright. Let's do this."

The only thing left was for me to tell Mr Cameron. At least I owed him that. But whether he liked it or not, I would save my precious one.

~~~~~~~~~~~
...and Alessio to the rescue. That's damn hot. Am I right or not? What are your thoughts? I love hearing from you guys. Shower me with comments and votes please.