quatre | four

»Dernièrement, j'ai eu le sentimentle plus étrange«

»Lately, I've had the strangest feeling«

Back to present

"What did you do to get back at him?" my therapist asked.

"I'm getting to that, just hold on girl." I laughed. "Okay, so the plan was going into motion, it was what I thought was the perfect night to do it. It was the night of July 22nd back in '93..."

July 22, 1993

"Carmen, I will literally drag you down these long ass steps. Hurry up."

Lisa and I were to once again head to the club called 'La Rosé'. I really wanted to see how much it has changed over the span of a year. "Alright, damn I'm here." I ran down the stairs.

"Took you long enough, you took the same exact amount of time as you did when we were going last year." She rolled her eyes. "But anyways, let's go make your nigga j-e-a-l-o-u-s!" She grabbed my hand.

Just as we were about to go out the door, the phone rang. "Ugh, who is it?" I stomped over to the phone and pulled it off the hook.

"Hello?"

"Hey, um can you and Lisa help me plan Dalvin's surprise party please? It's urgent." Tionne whispered. "Girl, why did you wait last min-"

"Please, I'm begging you." I could hear her drop on her knees. Why does she have to be so dramatically irritating?

"Fine, we'll be over there in a few." I groaned. She jumped up and down saying Thank you over and over again. I hung up the phone and looked at a bored Lisa. "What?"

"Change of plans, Tionne wants us to come over." Lisa frowned and furrowed her eyebrows at me. "Wha- why?"

"I'll explain on the way." I grabbed her hand and took her to my car and drove off. We pulled up to Tionne's house and she opened the door before we even ran the doorbell.

She pulled us inside and locked the door. "Ah!" She screeched at the top of her lungs.

"Girl what the fuck is all that damn screeching for?" Lisa covered her ears with her hands. "I need help." She gripped my shoulders.

"Why didn't you ask Rozonda for help?"

"Because she's babysitting Carmen's baby cause you guys have a top secret plan for DeVanté, remember?" I didn't even tell Tionne anything about our plan so that must mean that blabber mouth Rozonda is back at it again.