douze | twelve

»Ils ne me laisseront pas sortir, ils ne me laisseront pas sortir (je suis enfermé

»They won't let me out, they won't let me out (I'm locked up)«

June 5th, 1995

"I shot Trevor." DeVanté whispered on the phone. Leave it to DeVanté to ignore what I say and go with what his brain tells him to do.

"Why the fuck would you do that?" I yelled.

"Hi, Carmen!" Dalvin shouted over the phone. Now I'm confused. If DeVanté got arrested, then why is Dalvin with him too? Then again, Dalvin does whatever DeVanté says. His brother's keeper is his self proclaimed name.

"Dalvin? What are you doing over there?" I asked. "I'll explain, while De was having his bachelor party, Trojan showed up acting all wild and shit." Dalvin started to say. Did this nigga just call Trevor, Trojan, a condom company? At this point, I don't care.

"Then, he pulled out a pocket knife to stab DeVanté. Me, K-Ci, and Jojo saw him pull it out, so we started to beat him with rocks and sticks. It was pretty bloody, but DeVanté wanted him dead. So, he pulled out his gun and shot him about six or seven times. Someone called the police and they arrested us all, mainly because we had blood on us. I think he died too." Dalvin thoroughly explained. You can never leave these boys unsupervised. They're like little kids, but except they love fucking.

"But anyways, our bail is five grand. Go home and get it from the safe I keep in the back of the closet. The code is Diane's birthday." DeVanté said, probably pushing Dalvin away from the phone because I heard DeVanté say, 'move nigga'. Bail? Didn't they just kill or attempt to kill someone? You know what, forget it.

"Oh, okay. I'll be there soon." I said. "Thank you, I love you."

"I love you too, De." I whispered, making a kissing noise. I slammed the phone down and went to look for Rozonda and Tionne. "Hey, Ro and Ti, come here." I shouted from across the dance floor.

"What, Rolls Royce? They're playing 'Boogie Wonderland', and you know that's my shit." Tionne said ignorantly. She was going good at not calling me car brands, and she fucked it up.

"Well smart ass, your boyfriend, my fianceé, Jojo, and the twig they drag along with them got arrested." I shot back. She looked shocked, and so did Rozonda. "Wait, why?" Rozonda said, her eyes practically popping out of its sockets

"I'll explain later, I'm going to bail them out, so come with me." I took both of their hands and snatched them out in a millisecond. Throwing them in my car and speeding over to my house. After I went home and got the bail money, I pulled out a map to find wherever the hell Mariposa County jail is.

"Carmen, you ain't gonna find jack shit with that fat ass map like you're an explorer or something." Tionne rudely said. I raised my eyebrows and her and gave her a stink eye.