dix | ten

»Tu me donnes le plus doux tabou, c'est pourqoui je seus amoureux de toi«

»You give me the sweetest taboo, that's why I'm in love with you«

May 25, 1995

"I win!" Diane yelled, beating Quincy at Tic Tac Toe again. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

"I let you win, you're lucky I like you." Quincy kissed his teeth and drunk the rest of the juice from his juice box. You might be wondering why he's here. Well, Diane basically begged me to call Kim so she and Quincy can have a play date. DeVanté isn't here, so of course no one is making a big deal out of them being so adorable.

"Look at them, showing each other love at such a young age." Kim smiled. I actually came to find out that Kim had the same mentality as me. She also felt that Diane and Quincy were going to date when they get older. It's mother telepathy, or something.

"I like you too, but I also like beating you at this game." Diane giggled. Quincy made a poker face and sunk into his chair. Diane got up and gave him a little hug. "Don't feel sad, I'm sorry." She then gave him a kiss on the cheek. She...kissed...him. Now imagine if DeVanté was here, he would have been yelling like a banshee on the loose. I looked at Kim to see if she saw what I saw, and sure enough, she had her mouth hanging wide open. Diane and Quincy looked at us strangely.

"Mommy? Ms. Kim? Are you okay?" Diane jumped up, waving her hands in our faces.

"You guys are kissing now?" Kim asked her, breaking the silence. Diane nodded her head rapidly and a giant smile grew across her face. Her dimples, that she got from me, popped out naturally. "Why?" I asked.

"You and daddy do it all the time." She said. Now it makes sense what she and Quincy were talking about yesterday. I thought for a minute, remembering all the times she said that 'kissing is nasty' and 'I'll never kiss anyone'. I guess that was a front for her to trick DeVanté with, and it worked perfectly.

"You kids can't do that, you're too young." Kim held Diane's shoulder. She's right, even though I think their friendship is cute, kissing isn't for kids their age. It can lead to things that I can't and won't explain. "Oh, okay." Diane frowned and walked back to the little table she was sitting at.

*ring* The telephone rang. Since I wasn't expecting anyone to call, I picked it up quickly, almost dropping it like always.

"Hello?" I answered. The line stayed silent for a minute, nothing but heavy breathing could be heard from the other person. I knew instantly who it was. "DeVanté, what do you want?" I tasked impatiently.