Ch. 63

January 29

The idea of "butterflies in your stomach" was just a fairytale to me.

Until I met Park Jimin.

I walked this journey with Jimin around butterflies. So naive I was. I was the only one who could see them. I was the only one who could feel them.

I felt butterflies.

When I first saw him, I felt butterflies. When he wrapped me in his arms and his warmth seeped into me, I felt butterflies. When his soft lips met mine, I felt butterflies.

I felt like a butterfly.

Before he confessed his love for me to the world, I felt like a butterfly. We felt like a butterfly. So beautiful like a butterfly, yet as fragile as a butterfly's wings.

And now?

"And now?" I stare into his brown eyes. The kind of brown eyes that resemble chocolate. The type of eyes that melt into my soul with his love how chocolate melts with heat. "What about now, Jimin?"

"And now I can't deal with this. With you." He spat.

However, just as easily as chocolate can melt, it can freeze. Just like chocolate, his eyes were hard and cold, showing no sign of love and affection.

"Jimin," My voice softens as I inch closer, reaching for his face. "baby, what's wrong?"

He closes his eyes so I can no longer read his expression. Or maybe so I wouldn't see the coldness in his eyes. "I just don't want to do this anymore." He pulls my hands away from his cheeks, pulling away from me.

"I don't understand, Ji-"

"Let's break up."

"What?" I laughed dryly, shaking my head.

This isn't real.

"We argue over the same thing. We can't spend an hour with each other without yelling at each other."

"And whose fault of that, huh?" I through my hands in the air. "All I want is to be there for you, supporting you and the boys. Is that too much to ask?"

He stays quiet, playing with the rings that adorn his fingers.

"You lie to me. You hide me from the guys and from your concerts and events. You don't make time for me. Even if it's for an hour."

"I'm busy!" He shouts.

I laugh, throwing my head back. "And I'm not? Am I just laying on my ass all the time?"

"That's not what I mean!"

"So what is it?" Tears build up at the brim of my waterline, threatening to fall down my cheeks. "Because I'm tired of you hiding from me. I'm tired of this constant fighting."

"Me too." He says softly, avoiding my eyes. Inching closer to him, I pull him into my arms.

"So tell me," I whisper. "tell me so we can work this out, Jimin-ah."