21. You are not alone

Start from the beginning

Drogo: "Yeah, overreacting. Hitting me over the head with that lamp was a bit too much, now, wouldn't you agree?"

"Huh, what do you mean?"

Drogo: "Don't go and sit on your high horse acting all mighty. Like you didn't do that little trick with that lamp!"

"You have to believe me: I had nothing to do with that lamp! It was already broken after I entered Lisa's room and saw you two in there."

Drogo: "... what the fuck, Nic?! So you're saying you didn't do that to me?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I am telling you."

Drogo: "Bizarre... Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the kitchen to put some ice on my head. That lamp hit me hard and my head is swelling up in that place. Believe me, never ever will I enter Lisa's room without permission again!"

And with that, Drogo leaves me standing in the corridor and is off to the kitchen. I turn around towards Lisa's door, wanting to knock it. But my mind is going haywire right now, at the possibility that Lisa's more special than normal people, because I didn't move that lamp. And Drogo certainly isn't that masochistic nor desperate to hit himself in the head with a lamp. Peter is in his room, playing the piano. And Lorie is fast asleep, although I think so. I quickly walk up to Lorie's room and quietly open her door. The light from the corridor falls onto the bed with Lorie in it, indeed fast asleep. I silently close the door and walk back towards Lisa's room. I knock and I wait until I hear a "Come in..." I move down the door handle and enter as invited.

I walk in on Lisa packing her suitcases. Great, Drogo! You've done it again!!! Now I have to convince her at staying, although she clearly doesn't want to anymore. I see she's packing her books and CDs and I stay silent for a moment. Then I see her stop and I sense she's giving up. Her shoulders shrug downwards and she lets her head hang: a sign of defeat. I can see her shaking and trembling: probably due to the lack of energy, which she gave all in fighting off Drogo. I guess she's too nervous to do anything else. "I have to get a hold of myself! I don't have to stay here! This family clearly needs a good psychoanalyst!"
And with that thought, she breaks down into tears. "I know I am defenceless as far as Drogo's concerned, it makes me really angry." Lisa tries to control her sobs, but it's in vein. She plunges to the ground and she pulls up her legs to her chest, while she lets her head rest onto her knees. Seeing her in this distress causes me great pain. I walk up to her, slowly, not wanting to scare her even more. When I approach her, it's almost like I am approaching a wounded wild animal. As I lay my hands onto her shoulders, I can feel her stiffening up under my touch. "What if Drogo had disobeyed Nicolae's orders? I'm not sure I am ready for a second round." I decide to go and kneel down next to her and sit with her for a moment. She finally looks up at me and I let out a sigh.

"I am really sorry for what happened, I never thought Drogo would behave like that. Everything that happens under this roof is my concern... I should have known he wouldn't be able to control himself. He is too fond of inspiring fear in others. He sometimes forgets that we are not all his enemies."

Lisa gets really upset with my last sentence. Her thoughts are so strong for me to perceive, it's almost like she is talking to me. "Unable to control himself?! If Drogo behaves like this he should get treatment!" She wipes the tears with the back of her hand. She then lets a wicked smile crack her lips. "When this opportunity for this job came up, I thought it was finally an opportunity to make a fresh start. Until I came across Drogo, everything was going smoothly. I wanted this new life at Mystery Spell. But apparently, a simple and quiet life is not for me."

Lisa: "I don't know what's wrong with your brother, Nicolae... But, I'll take my things and leave. I don't feel safe here."

"First of all, let's get off of this floor and continue our conversation while taking a seat on your bed." After I said this to Lisa, I get up and help her get up from the floor and I guide her to the bed, resting my hand on her lower back. "Please, take a seat." She does so, luckily. I go sit beside her on the bed and decide on providing a shoulder to cry on and try not to interrupt her. I feel like she's trusting me very quickly and I musn't take the wrong kind of advantage of that trust she provides in me.