twenty-four (edited)

____

"Hello Hermione."

She swivelled around and he pressed his lips against hers without a moment's hesitation. Her arms wrapped around his neck. He couldn't stop smiling. 

"It's nice to see you again." she mumbled when they pulled apart.

"You too."

"Let's walk."

He intertwined his hand with hers and they walked away from the entrance where they had decided to meet. The shopping centre they were in was quiet enough for them to hear the soft music playing through the speakers above them. He pressed a gentle kiss on her knuckles, causing her to grin wildly. 

"So how was Amanda?" She asked as their hands swung back and forth.

"She...was not what I was expecting." he said. "Turns out she hates my mum as much as I do. That probably explains why she got along with Minho so well."

"She was loud, huh?"

"Loud. Destructive. Embarrassing. Satan"

"Satan isn't an adjective." she said, rolling her eyes.

"Is it now." he said dismissively. "Are you busy tonight?"

She nodded. "I have an art class to teach. Why?"

"I was thinking about taking you out on an extremely romantic dinner but your art class fucked up my plans." he said, rubbing his thumb over hers.

"I'm sure we can go soon. Oh- look!" She cried, pulling him into a shop he didn't recognise.

He wasn't bored in the slightest. In fact, he was quite amused, watching Astrid's eyes go wide when she found something she liked. She manoeuvred through the aisles easily, pulling Dylan along who was stumbling after her. The shop was empty aside from them and the old woman at the cashier, who smiled at the two as they walked past.

"Who'd pay this much for a plain white shirt?" he said, marvelling at the pile. "How do girls afford this?"

"They don't. They just steal their boyfriend's shirts." Astrid said, giving him a playful poke in the stomach before sauntering past him to another rack.

"What about this?!" He said, holding up a dotted blue bra.

Astrid hid her face in her hands, turning pink, but Dylan was too bewildered to care.

"It's fifty bucks. How the fuck did Minho afford five of these?"

"Dylan," she pleaded, almost bursting into a fit of laughter. "Please put the bra down. That is something I never thought I would have to say."

He huffed but did what she said, and then grinned, wrapping his strong arms around her shoulders. "I still don't get why everything costs so much." he said into her hair.

"It's because you've never been shopping before." she said, escaping his arms to go into another aisle.

They went on like this for a while; Dylan asking why this cost this much and Astrid having to tell him to "unhand the g-string". Eventually, as Dylan placed a pair of sunglasses back into place, she pulled out a pink, lacy dress and held it up against herself.

"How do I look?" She giggled, a hand on her hip in a pose.

He readjusted his glasses subconsciously and smiled. "Beautiful. Go try it on."

She shook her head. "I'm not buying it. It's too expensive."

Just as she was placing it back on the rack, Dylan snatched it from her hands. She gave him an annoyed look.