twenty-two (edited)

"Dylan, your arms go through the sleeves."

He huffed, shifting the shirt so that it looped over his head. He pulled it down and collapsed back onto his bed, savouring the softness of the sheets. He could've easily slept for a hundred years.

"Thanks for driving me back." he said softly, staring up at the ceiling.

He felt the bed sink next to him.

"Please don't do that again." she said quietly.

"Get drunk?" He smiled.

She sighed. "I'm serious. I don't like seeing people hurt."

He sat up slightly, leaning back on his elbows. Astrid was so pale he could've seen right through her. It didn't help that the lighting was horrible too; the only light source was the tiny lamp that sat amidst the piles of stuff on his bedside table.

"Sorry." he said. "Are you okay?"

She fell back onto the bed. Her hand rested on his, rubbing his lightly callused knuckles.

"Yeah."

"Honestly?"

"Not at all."

He turned to face her. "May I take this time to remind you that it was your idea to 'steal all his tequila'." he said, imitating her voice.

She giggled. "It was your idea to go to the party!"

"Minho's, actually." he said, his smile faltering. "I hope he's okay."

"He's Minho." she said reassuringly, squeezing his hand. "Why would he get into any trouble?"

"He's Minho"

"Alright," she said, rolling over. She was half on top of Dylan now, not that he minded. She was warm. "What are you going to do about Thomas?"

"He can suck my dick." he grumbled, fiddling with Astrid's auburn-dipped hair.

"I think that job is reserved for someone-"

"You think you're funny, huh?" He laughed.

She kissed him on the nose, peppering down to his lips. "Mhm."

His hands glided onto her lower back. She crawled higher so that she sat on top of his torso, allowing him access to her hips. Several times her nose would accidentally hit the rim of his glasses, so they resorted to blindly placing them on the bedside table.

Her shirt slowly rose higher with his hands as they fumbled which each other. The room was getting warm, and soon, her shirt was strewn across the floor. Her hands pressed against his chest, their breathing rapid.

"Hi." Dylan grinned, after watching Astrid stare at him for a few moments. "Can I help you?"

"Am I hurting you?" She breathed.

He felt dazed; mesmerised. "Why?"

"Your cuts. From Thomas. Am I hurting you?"

Her hand slid slowly down, her eyes never tearing away from his. She gently prodded a spot just above his waistband and he winced, the dull pain rippling through his abdomen.

"We should stop. You're-"

"No, no." he said, regaining posture. "It's fine."

Their eyes interlocked as she picked up the hem of his shirt. Her delicate touch sent shivers down his spine. Slowly, she inched forward until their lips burned again.

His fingers hooked the straps of her bra and pulled them down her shoulders. He reached up to fumble with the confusing clasp at the back. He felt her lips stretch into a smile.

"Dylan, I'm back if - MOTHERFUCKING CHRIST SUCKER!"

Dylan's eyes snapped open. Astrid scrambled off him, her absence leaving him cold. Looking like startled deer, they looked up and saw Minho at the doorway, hands over eyes. Astrid let out a squeak before hurriedly burying herself under the sheets.

"HOLY JESUS MOTHER OF GOD!"

"Did anyone teach you to knock?" Dylan groaned.

"YOU TWO NEED TO GO TO CHURCH!"

"Minho. Get ou-"

"I SUGGEST SUNDAYS. FATHER MORGAN IS REALLY NIC-"

"Minho! Get out of my-"

"ASTRID I WANT MY BRA BAC-"

Dylan leapt from the bed and stormed to the doorway. Minho yelped when the door was slammed in his face. He turned and pressed his back against the cold wood, sliding down and hugged his knees to his chest. His breathing was uneven; shocked and disorientated and painful. Astrid emerged from under the covers, pulling her bra back on properly.

"I'm sorry" he said sheepishly, burying his reddened face into his knees.

"Never mind."

"He always ruins moments like these. All the fucking time." he grumbled, raking a nervous hand through his hair.

She giggled. "I didn't realise we were having a moment."

He stared at her. "I really hope you're joking."

She crawled out of bed, her footfalls inaudible. She picked up her shirt off the ground and pulled it over her head, before sitting next to him.  He placed an arm over her shoulder.

He sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Why do you keep apologising?" She asked, tracing shapes on the carpet.

"Because you might've wanted to..you know...but then he came..and we..the whole thing kinda-"

"Really, it's fine" she smiled, leaning on his shoulder. "I like cuddling you anyway."

"Cuddling and sex are the same thing, Hermione."

"You can dream."

His finger poked the centre of her forehead and trailed down the bridge of her nose. He felt bubbly inside, and the silence was most enjoyable after the series of events that had happened. She swatted his hand away.

"I'm hungry. Thomas didn't serve any food." she frowned.

"You're hungry all the time." he said, smiling.

"Maybe I'm finally growing." she beamed.

He nudged her. "I thought I was the pubescent teenager."

"Ha!" She cried, jabbing an accusing finger to his nose. "So you're admitting to being a teenage boy!"

"No...that's not what I - forget it. Let's go get food"

____

The only sound in the house was the rummaging of packets and loud, crunchy chewing. Astrid was sat on the counter, Dylan next to her. Minho had joined them as well, after awkwardly demanding that he have his bra back and forcing Astrid to get changed into the one she had left behind.

"Wasn't Amanda coming tomorrow?" Minho said suddenly.

Dylan stopped eating. He had completely forgotten that she was coming.

"When?" Astrid asked, turning to Dylan.

"I don't know. Mum never said." he said.

"Great." Minho exclaimed. "So some girl could randomly walk in when I'm naked."

"Two things." Astrid said. "One, you don't have to be naked, and two, that's exactly what happened to me."

"I can't just 'not be naked'!" He said.

"Yes you can. At least be shirtless. Would've been better for me and will be much better to Amanda."

"Why is she even coming?" Minho asked.

"Mum didn't like Astrid very much. Thought she could maybe replace her. I'll just politely ask her to leave." Dylan said. "Like Thomas did. Where is Thomas, anyway?"

Minho's eyes were pulled to the ground. "I ran after him for a bit. Caught up with him because he's a shit runner. He told me to fuck off. Said he had had enough of my friends."

"Well we've had enough of him, so that's fine." Dylan grinned.

He threw the empty packet into the bin and turned to Astrid. "Are you staying over?"

She shook her head. "It's ok. I've got to head home and do some work with my dad."

He took her hands and pulled her closer, pressing his lips to her forehead. She had to go onto her toes for him to reach comfortably. Her hands glided on top of his and guided them around her back.

"Would you like to come shopping with me on Monday? You can tell me all about Amanda then." she said.

He nodded. "Sure."

Minho cleared his throat. "I'll show myself out. See ya, Astro."

She giggled, peering past Dylan's shoulder to wave at him. Suddenly, Dylan leant down and kissed her collarbone, causing her to gasp.

"We'll work on the sex thing, yeah?" He said against her skin.

She laughed. "Yeah. We'll work on the sex thing."

____