five (edited)

___

His lips were warm and soft, her lips tasted vaguely of peppermint. She pulled him closer, their bodies pressing together. His hands slowly slid off the wall and he placed them on the small of her back. He bit lightly at her lip, causing her to gasp. His tongue flickered inside her mouth. Her hands trailed up to his hair.

Then, suddenly, she pushed him harshly off her. Dylan saw her shocked expression, knowing not to press any further. She looked like she had just saw a ghost. Thoughts raced through his mind. Was it too soon?  Was he a shit kisser?

Instead of saying anything that related to any of the scenarios in his head, she pushed off the wall and turned around, clasping her hand over her mouth. Dylan's eyes widened.

Right in the middle of the wall was a very noticeable smudging of red paint, in the familiar shape of a body. Dylan knew that it was from the red paint he had poured on her back earlier. Either side of it was a large green handprint. Dylan's handprints. 

"Oh my god" she said between giggles. "Did we just.."

"Yeah" he said quietly. "I think we just did"

Embarrassed silence filled the room, both of them staring at the wall in shock. It was very clear that something had happened against that wall and his cheeks flushed. 

"How are we gonna...cover it?" Dylan asked.

"Honestly, for the first time in my entire art career, I have no bloody idea" she said.

Their minds reeled. He couldn't stop thinking of their kiss. It felt...awesome. He wanted to kiss her over and over.That moment was perfection - aside from the paint on the wall. His insides were exloding, and he was using all of his efforts to stop himself from blurting everything out. And the wall was another problem. None of his friends could find out, or else he'll never hear the end of it.

"I think we should leave it" Astrid said finally. "And paint the quote some other time"

"Yeah. Some other time" he said.

She turned to face him, a shy smile displayed upon her lips. Her eyes shone and her brown-auburn hair rippled past her shoulders. Dylan couldn't stop gawking. She fiddled with her hands, her gaze not quite meeting his.

"So..." She trailed off, trying to ease the awkward situation.

"I think we both need to clean up" Dylan said, looking down at their paint-splattered clothes. "I mean, like, sorry for, you know, pouring paint the red down your back, and everything" He bit his lip.

She laughed. "Sorry for ruining your white shirt. I think we're even"

He looked around at the mess they had made. Paint was all over the sheet they had put down, and if it wasn't for that sheet, the carpet would've had to be replaced.

"So..um..." Dylan began, catching Astrid's attention. "Do you...shit! Sorry. You're so beautiful I forgot my pickup line"

She flushed furiously. 

He licked his lips. "Do you want to come to my place and order pizza? I mean, like, it doesn't have to be pizza. If you want Chinese or something, that's cool too. I just didn't want to, you know-"

She stepped forward and placed a gentle hand tentatively on his arm. His lips parted as her hazel eyes met his.

"Anything is good" she grinned.

___

The both of them agreed to meet up at Dylan's house at the agreed time. Before that, they cleared up the mess they made and returned the library to its usual state. Their markings on the wall were temporarily hidden behind a sheet, and then an aisle of books in front, just in case.