Escape

"Here you go."

"Thank you Yuta!" I take the bowl of soup from his hands and set it on the table. He comes behind me and gives me a hug. At that moment I felt all sorts of emotions. I felt pity. I felt sadness. I felt fear. I quickly shuffled out of his embrace and took a seat at the table. 

See, I'd been observing him. Following his routines and making a plan to escape without his knowledge. It had been two days since I told him I'd stay. I realized that he wakes up at 6 so if I managed to stay up til five, I could escape. He had an alarm system attached to his front door and all his windows so I couldn't go through there. But I noticed he lives in an apartment complex. That means the air vents must lead to another apartment or outside. The only problem is that it was in the bathroom of his room or the kitchen. I could use the kitchen but if he walks out then there's nothing to do if he catches me. At least in his room I could lock the bathroom door so that was my safest bet.

"Y/N? Are you okay? You seem a little zoned off."

"Oh yeah I'm fine. I just..." Suddenly a plan pops in mind. "I've been having nightmares recently and I'm scared to sleep alone in my room. Can I sleep in your room on a couch or something?"

"Sure!"

"Thanks!"

After lunch, he unwrapped the bandages on my head and then re-bandaged them with new ones, just as he had done for the last few days. Bits of my memory also began to return the last few days. In truth, I had been having nightmares. I kept seeing Yuta come up behind me and hit me on the head.  I'm guessing that's how I got the injury.

"All done."

The rest of the day went by excruciatingly slow as he still wouldn't let me leave the house so I just watched TV all day and I honestly can't believe that I'm actually tired of watching TV. 

Once it was night, I mentally prepared myself for the escape and walked into his room. It was very cozy and once gain, there was a vanilla smell. There was a couch on the side where he was laying pillows and everything and there was a bed next to it. I begin to walk towards the couch when Yuta stops me. 

"It's okay. I'll sleep on the couch and you take the bed."

"No it's okay. I like sleeping on couches because they feel better for my back."

"Are you sure?"

"Yup!"

I couldn't understand Yuta. He stabbed in the freaking head yet here he was making sure I was okay. I couldn't picture him to be evil no matter how hard I tried. Once I escape, I vow to help him and get him a better life.

He turns off the lights and I crawl into the couch. I pretend to doze off but I stay awake. I thought it would be hard to stay awake but the adrenaline rushing through me made it possible. He had a small clock near his bed and I stared at it the entire time. I look up at Yuta and see him in deep sleep. Maybe I could do this earlier. It was now 3:30 AM. I slowly get up and make my way to the bathroom, making sure to lock the door behind me. I look up and I see the vent above the sink. I quietly climb on top and reach for the air duct. I could touch it and take it out but that was it. 

Now how am I going to get up?

I'm a pretty average when it comes to height but I have absolutely  no upper body strength. How could I pull myself up when I could only reach the vents with the tip of my finger?

I look around the bathroom for anything that could be used as a stepping stool. In the corner, I saw a plastic basket with a few cups inside. I gently take out the cups and flip the basket upside down while placing it on the counter. Then once again I get on the counter and this time I step on the basket. As I get on, I feel the basket sinking but I'm quickly able to get my arms into the air vent. I begin to pull myself up with every ounce of strength I could gather. Finally I get one of my legs in and that was it. I easily pulled the  other one up as well.