Stalker

The hospital seemed so bare and empty. Well I mean it shouldn't be festive but just the drab nature itself was too much. I brought in a big bouquet of roses and some balloons. I brought a few party poppers for when he wakes up. As I approach the hospital, I realize I forgot the most important thing! The iced mocha from his favorite coffee shop.

I quickly rush over to my car and place the roses and balloons in the trunk. As I'm about to get in, I see a man across the street wearing a large oversized hoodie along with a baseball cap which covered his face, all except his eye. They were directed at me. He started walking towards me so I quickly get in. I wait until I can merge on the road and quickly merge in. As I leave, I look through the rear-view mirror at them man. He just stood in the middle of the street staring at my car as passing on-goers yelled at him. Chills worked their way up my skin as I tried to shake off the uneasy feeling. Maybe I'm just imagining things. I continue to drive and get that man out of my mind.

As I miss a turn, the GPS instructs to make a U-Turn. I notice the car behind make one as well. The car stays behind me and for some reason it makes me nervous. They're probably just going the same direction as me. I squint at the rear view mirror and finally see the driver. It was the hooded man. Taking a deep breath, I try to stay calm. In a investigative movie, it showed that if you suspect someone is following you, make four consecutive turns so you make a circle. If they continue to follow, pull into a crowded place and call the cops.

I take my first turn and check to see if the person is still following. They still are. I take the second turn and the person stays right behind. I take my third turn and they still stay behind me. I take my fourth turn and when I see them on my tail, I pull over to the side. We were in a crowded marketplace so it should be safe. I dial the cops with shaky hands.

"Hello. What is your emergency?"

"I think someone is following me," my voice squeaks.

"What is your name and where are you right now?"

"My name is Y/N and I am pulled over in the marketplace nearby. I'm in front of Forever 21. My license plate number is," I decide to add that just so they could recognize my car.

"Y/N?! Oh my gosh are you okay? I'm sending the patrolling cops over there right now! Just don't move! Stay in your car and don't leave. I'm on my way too. Just stay on the phone with me."

My mind wanders to why that voice sounds so familiar. Then it hits me that it belonged to Chanyeol. "Yeah I'm fine."

"Okay keep on talking to me. I'm on my way." Through the phone, you could hear the loud sirens coming from his car. I look at my rear view mirror only to see that the man was staring directly at me. He waves to me and I quite literally freeze in fright. He then slowly opens his car door and comes in my direction. I slowly press the button on the side of the car and make sure to lock all the doors within the car.

"Chanyeol,"  I whisper, "He got out of his car and is on the way here."

"What!? Y/N don't whisper, you don't have to. For now draw attention to your car so he won't try anything. But don't leave your car either!"

"How am I supposed to do that?" My breathing starts to become erratic.

"Just turn up your car radio all the way!" I follow his instructions and quickly press the radio button while turning the volume knob up all the way. Bang Bang Bang started blasting and immediately, pedestrians and even some drivers turned their attention on me. Some gave me nasty looks whereas others started dancing along to the chorus. I look at the man and he slowly looks around and begins to back away to his car. Suddenly I hear a knock on the window and jump out of my seat screaming. I turn to the window to see a girl. "Who was that?"