Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

Zayn’s POV

Five days later

There’s only one week left of school until we can graduate and go our separate ways. I would’ve thought the last week of uni would be much more fun and relaxing. But, all I’ve been doing is being worried and anxious about Niall’s and my relationship. It’s not been pretty. We haven’t talked and done anything. Louis and Harry always look at me sadly when they see me walking through the halls alone. They always try to accompany me, but honestly, I just want to be alone, even with their company I still feel alone. Niall is the only good company that is enough for me. I could be with a million people, but I still feel alone. I just miss him, and I wish nothing ever happened between us. I wish I never used his computer, I wish Maura never told me about Damien, and I wish we could end our last year ever of studies in a good note… But, it doesn’t really look like. Seven days could change a lot or a little. But, I hope we could be okay in seven days…

*****

Four days ago

I went to Liam’s room again because I just felt too alone in my room without Niall and because I wanted to see if he was still annoyed about what happened. I honestly have no idea if he’s sleeping at Louis’ or I don’t know where. He just hasn’t gone to our room to sleep since the argument two days ago. It’s quite heartbreaking and sad to not see his eyes, but if it’s what makes him feel better, I support him…

I opened the door and Liam was on his laptop bobbing his head to a Michael Buble song.

“Hey, Liam,” I mumbled.

Liam looked up from his computer and smiled slightly, I guess we were alright… He didn’t quite approve of me ‘snooping’ around Niall’s Facebook, but I guess he’s all better now, “Zayn, what’s up, mate?”

“Lonely,” I admitted.

Liam paused the song, and looked at me with confused eyes, “How come?”

“Niall hasn’t really come home yet… and well, it’s been making me sad and lonely,” I shrugged and played with my hands silently.

“He just needs some time alone, give it time and he’ll be back before you think,” Liam tried to make me feel better, but it didn’t really work.

I shrugged, “I suppose so,”

Liam closed his laptop and placed it on the nightstand he then patted the side of his bed welcoming me to sit down. I sat down next to him and he smiled at me, “Look, mate, it’s all going to be alright okay, cheer up,” He messed up my hair and I smiled a bit.

“You do realize how long it takes to do my hair?” I grabbed his hand and pulled it away from my hair.

Liam’s hand felt big and safe in mine, it felt more guy-like than Niall’s. Niall’s hand was delicate and thin; it was like a fragile piece of China sets of plates, the kind you never want to use, only in special occasions. But, Liam’s hand felt fatherly, his fingers were thick and long… It’s like a dad’s hand, holding you away from the street. Niall’s is like a puzzle piece, his fingers in between mine felt correct and right; like it was meant to be. I missed Niall’s soft hands… I miss him…

Liam looked at me lost, “What’s wrong?”

“Huh?” I frowned, “Oh,” I looked at our hands and sighed. They weren’t Niall’s.

“What were you thinking?”

“About Niall,” I mumbled.

Liam squeezed my hand, encouragingly, “It’s going to be alright,”

I looked up at Liam, and nodded with a weak smile. I watched all of Liam’s features. He had soft and swift characteristics. His eyes squinted cutely when he smiled at you, his lips were slightly plumped and red, a cute, round nose, and his eyes were honest and sincere, full of love and caringness. He’s the kind of person you look at and you smile and nod ‘I want him to be my friend.’ That’s Liam right there; he’s the most caring person. I’m really lucky to have him as a friend…

But, sadly, all the examining and watching of Liam’s features only reminded me more of Niall’s and that was bad for my health because it haunted me of images of me which tore me apart because I can’t hold him in my arms… It reminded me of Niall’s delicate jawline, his pale skin, his welcoming orbs, and thin inviting lips, paired with gorgeous, shining blonde hair tinted with brown highlights.

“Zayn,” Liam shook me.

“Huh?” I asked, “Oh… déjà vu,”

Liam chuckled, and shook me by the shoulder, “Hey, just get yourself together, and once that happens, it’ll all be alright,”

I sighed, and looked at Liam’s lips… I inched closer. Maybe there might be a spark? Maybe it could work out? Maybe it’ll take some of the burning pain away from my heart?

My lips were almost joined to Liam, but then Liam realized what I was trying to do.

“ZAYN!” Liam pulled back before our lips met and slapped me up the head, “What the hell?”

I shook my head trying to hold myself together, “I-I’m so sorry… I didn’t mean to, it wasn’t my intention. I-I I’m sorry. That never happened!” I shook my head faster and scrambled up and out of the room.

Wow, way to ruin everything, Zayn, all you’re good for is ruining everything, I told myself, not only was part of it right, but all of it was right. I ruin everything… All I’ve done is ruin my life, and all the life of the others around me. I’ve not only ruined mine, but Niall’s, and now Liam’s and I could’ve ruined his girlfriend’s as well. I ran out of the building and sat on the cement floor and put my hands in my face and kept my tears in. I’ve become a really tearful person since I’ve met Niall, I guess that’s good in some aspects because I don’t keep my emotions in and killing me alive anymore, but it’s bad in other ways because it makes me feel and look weak… I just would feel alive if I could fix everything again. Instead of being a life ruiner I could try and become something more positive…

- - - - - - - -

A/N: Sorry it took so long to update, school is here and well, it sucks that's why I wanted to finish before school began, so I don't have to keep you guys waiting. Anywho, here's the new chapter! :) Their all graduating in less than 6 days... ohhh ooooh. Will Ziall survive... Who knowsss. Anyways, thanks for all the lovely comments in the last chapter! I love how you guys get so into it! Whenever I read the comments it makes me smile and laugh even when I'm having the most shitty days so, I thank you all for that. Thank you! ♥ Thanks for reading, commenting, voting and/or fanning. ♥ Next chapter will come on Wednesday or in the weekend or hopefully before if I don't have homework... Sorry it's so short. Good night/morning/evening. ♥ :)

Dedicated to: TornbyHoran because she said something about Zayn kissing his ex/Liam/Louis or Harry and well it kind of somewhat happened except Liam saved the day...? lolyeah. idk.