Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Zayn’s POV

It’s been a great couple of days. After that kiss in the dorm room I realized I liked Niall… Sure, I felt something magical and different when I kissed him as a dare… But, I thought it was maybe because I was buzzed from the beers. Now, after this kiss and breaking up with Nina I’ve been hanging out with Niall a lot and you could’ve thought were a couple. Even I think we’re a couple…Which somewhat scares me. I didn’t think I was gay… I mean I’m not gay… or am I… I mean, I don’t look at a guy and think ‘oh hot damn, how I’d tap that!’ or ‘damn, look at that bum,’ no. I look at a guy and well… I don’t know. I think of them as brothers… I don’t think dirty thoughts… So maybe I’m just gay for Niall…? …If that’s possible…? Anyways, yes I think of us as a couple, but I don’t think Niall thinks of us as a couple, I think he thinks of us as a fling. Or maybe he thinks I think of us as a ‘fling’ because I look so bad on the outside… But really, I’m a hopeless romantic, and I’ll show Niall my true colors today on this ‘romantic’ date I’m planning. It’s quite cliché if you ask me. I’m also planning on asking him to be my boyfriend, which, fingers-crossed, he’ll say yes…

****

“Where are we going?” Niall asked for what seemed like the thousandth time.

“You’ll see,” I gripped the wheel of my Ford pickup truck harder as my nerves grew bigger and bigger, I’m nervous about Niall not liking the date, or saying no to me being his boyfriend…

Niall looked at me questioningly, then he looked around the road as trying to figure out where we were going. Niall jumped up and down in his seat desperately, “COME ON ZAYN! How long till we get there? Where are we going? Give me a clue!”

I looked to my right at Niall and smirked, “You’ll see,”

“Oh God Zayn! Will you hush with these ‘You’ll see’ I just want a clue please!” Niall gave me a puppy face that was irresistible but I kept repeating in my head ‘Don’t give away anything, don’t give away anything, Zayn.’ But, oh my God, if you looked at those big blue eyes and then his pouty lip, oh goddammit.

Niall kept looking at me with those big blue eyes, and I looked away to the road, Focus Zayn, focus.

“Ugh,” Niall sighed heavily, “You’re impossible.”

I smirked at him mischievously and pulled over in a parking space.

Niall tried to turn in his seat, but the small window of the pickup truck didn’t really give you a nice view of what was outside considering it was already night out.

“Don’t get out, please,” I looked at Niall pleadingly.

“Fine,” Niall crossed his arms like a child and hunched in his seat.

I smirked and got of the truck and closed the door softly. I opened the tent thing from the truck and found all the items, there was a lot of blankets, three pillows, popcorn and soda. I opened the little door thing of the trunk to make it spread even farther and I spread out three of the blankets to create a somewhat of a mattress and make it cushiony. I placed the pillows leaning against the back windows of the truck and placed the left over blankets on top, to work as… well blankets. I placed the popcorn on the corner with the sodas. I took a deep breath and looked at my ‘romantic’ date…

I did a jog-run to Niall’s door and opened it slowly revealing a impatient Niall.

“What took you so long? I was going to get out, but then I didn’t want to disappoint you,” Niall admitted.