Chapter 13 - Later

REIDY POV

A couple of weeks have passed since the accident, and both me and Maxi are still remaining in the hospital. The boys have visited us some more and well, I'm doing fine at the moment.

About Maxi; well, he's still in a coma, and the doctors don't really know when he's going to wake up, if he's even going to though... I sigh before sitting straight in my hospital bed, while staring at the tv, not really paying attention to what they're rambling about.

It's currently 4:30pm and I don't know what to do. Being for weeks in the hospital uses all of your creativity you know? Anyway, I look out the window, seeing the sun already pretty low above the horizon, since it's Winter.

I keep staring outside for a while, but then a gentle knock is to be heard on my room door. "Come in, please." I reply calmly on the knocking. The door opens and a nurse walks in. "Hi Mr. Reid, I'm here to check on you again." She says as she walks in with a small smile. "Hi," I reply back, "when can I leave the hospital?"

"You'll have to stay here for 2 more days at least, if you're condition stays the same." She replies while looking at my blood pressure. I nod, being actually quite relieved to hear the good news, that I'm almost able to go home again. "Okay Mr. Reid. You are alright, I'll come back in about 3 hours, just to check up again." She says with a smile after a while of silence. I nod once again and watch her leaving me again all alone in the room.

I wonder if there's anything new about Maxi's condition. I hope he's waking up soon, because he's been silent way too long already. I sigh and turn off the TV. I think taking a nap is the best thing to do right now, so I lay down again and close my eyes to get back to dreaming sweet dreams.

7:34pm.
I'm just done eating dinner when I hear for the 5th time this day knocking on the door. "Yes?" I say, not really knowing who it is, since the nurse had already come and I'm not really expecting anyone. The door opens and Harries walks in.

"Hello mate." He says with a smile while he's slowly walking to a chair, where he's obviously willing to sit on.
"Hey." I say while smiling back, " I didn't expect anyone to come and visit me today." I'm still looking at him waiting for his response. "Well, I figured you might want some company so that's why I came."
I nod, and then silence falls in the room.

"So uhm, how was work today?" Harries' eyes turn to look at me while he replies: "It was again a busy day, but less busy then normal ones. Why that is, is because it was colder than usual today." And once again, I nod.

"Do you have news about Maxi by any chance?" Harries asks me. "Not more then that he still didn't wake up."
"He really deserves to wake up though." Harries says with a sigh. "You're totally right about that." I smile. And then it remained silent.

KERRBOX POV

8:13pm.
I stop in front of the hospitals entering gate to take a deep breath before I walk in. The cold, fresh air feels tingling in my nose, filling my lungs. Fresh air always feels good, for me it does at least. I walk further forward so that I enter the hospital, immediately making my way to Maxi's room.

I wanted to knock before entering, but I had a feeling that there wouldn't come an answer anyway, so I just walked in. And it was like I had expected. Maxi still in a coma, having his live depending on machines, but most importantly: still alive.

I take place on one of the chairs that's placed right next to his bed. His face looks very peaceful, and that makes me smile a little. As long as he isn't in pain and wakes up soon, I'm happy. I'm pretty positive about him waking up though. You've got to keep believing in the positive, and not only think negatively right?

After sitting there in his room for about 10 minutes, I stand up. "Maxi, I hope you'll get better very soon. We're all thinking about you, just if you're wondering. And Jesse, he's still doing pretty bad so it would also light him up a bit, you know. So yeah, please just wake up." And with that all of my chest, I turn around and close the door behind me.

Now I'm moving towards Reidy's room, since I was also planning to pay him a visit. I knock on the door, while hoping that I'm not waking him up or something.

When I still haven't heard anything after a while, I decide that I'll just open the door a little to see if he's sleeping or just ignoring me. I stick my head between the door and the wall and look inside. To see you that the room is  empty.

Wait what?! I open the door more so that I can enter and walk inside. The bed is gone. Fear starts coming up; does that mean something bad happened? I ask myself. Oh dear God, why Reidy again?

I rush out of his room, and run down the stairs. Hoping to get some more news on what happened to Reidy.

HARRIES POV

8:45pm
I'm sitting in the waiting room again, yes again since I've done it a lot of times these past weeks. This time again for Reidy. He just told me that he could go home in 2 days, and then something like this happens. "Typical" I murmur. It's just so typical for having something bad happen again.

I stand up and walk a bit around since I'm way too stressed to keep sitting on a chair. He got an internal bleeding out of nowhere. It's also a riddle for the doctors, but then they just say that it happens sometimes. I just hope they can stop the bleeding in time. I don't want to lose a friend that close to me, that would really get me down you know. And not only me...

  "Harries!" I hear some familiar voice say my name. I turn around and look up to where I think the sound came from, and so I see Kerrbox standing there. He then slowly but surely makes his way towards me. "I heard about Reidy," he starts "it's just so stupid and typical that these things keep happening don't you think?"

"Yes I sure do of course!" I answer immediately, "I mean let him heal completely and just go home. Is it so much to ask for?" Kerrbox nods and smiles slightly, "I hope that the news the doctor will bring us is good."

"Yes, I do too of course, it would be pretty weird if I didn't want that, wouldn't it?" He chuckles "yes it sure would." And so, we chit chat like that for some more minutes, until there then walks a doctor up to us.

"We're done with the operation of Mr. Reid." She starts. Me and Kerrbox both remain silent because we want to know how it went. "And well," she clears her throat "it went...

Not too good..

A/n Yeeeeeeyyy update .....!
I hope it's not too late lol. I'm really sorry that I'm such a slow updater, but it's finally here yay! I hope you like it a bit and well, until the next one I guess!