Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"What are you?" I question.

"I'm your mother, and I am here to take back what is mine and get rid of the man who destroyed me," she hisses out and a harsh shiver goes up and down my spine.

"Let's get you some help then, nobody needs to get hurt today," I say not moving.

"Protect him for one more moment and you will die with him," she says, and I look at her in shock.

"He's my father; I won't let you hurt him."

"He ruined me and my life! What kind of daughter lets her mother suffer in vain?"

"What he did was wrong, but he's all of I have left in this world," I say.

"You're going to regret this," she says.

I don't have time to react when every window in the apartment shatters. I feel the energy pulsing around me, and my body is thrown violently backward. I hit the couch and it flips violently. Shoving the couch back off of me, I become very dizzy. Gathering as many molecules as I can, and I throw them at her. I hear a scream and then everything goes quiet. I feel for her in the room and find only my dad. My entire body is trembling as I try to calm down from what just happened. Two people enter the room and I hear a gasp. Somebody helps me up off of the ground and I see Lena looking down at me. She reaches a hand up to my face and wipes the blood off of my face. The world slowly turns dark around me. I hear someone screaming my name, but nothing can keep me awake at this moment.

The darkness takes over for a while and I welcome it, I try to slide back into my unconscious state but the burning on my face forces me awake. I open my eyes and am blinded by sunlight. I can't help the groan that slips out of the mouth as I try to shield my eyes. Raising my arm, it gets snagged on something and I yank until I am free.

"Aviva stop!" A female voice yells at me and my arm is caught. My eyes finally adjust, and I see a familiar figure, but I am not sure how I know her.

"Alexander, Cathleen! She's finally awake!" The woman yells, and I feel two people enter the room.

"Aviva," a voice as smooth as silks says. My head lazily rolls in the direction of the voice and I can't help but giggle. Everything feels fuzzy and out of focus. Someone puts something on my face, and everything becomes clearer.

"What the hell did G give her?" A male voice asks.

"She's not on anything, I think she's just confused after being unconscious for so long," the less smooth female voice says.

"Aviva, do you know who we are?" The silky voice asks. I look up at the beautiful woman in front of me.

"Pretty," I say, and I giggle again.

"What the hell happened to her?" The second female voice asks.

"Her dad's apartment was in shambles and her dad was unconscious on the floor. She was practically out cold when we got there as well," the silky voice says. Dad.

"My dad!" I yell bolting upright. Everything starts rushing back to me and I can finally feel the cloud in my brain leaving.

"Where is my dad?" I ask desperately, and two hands grab me and keep me in place.

"Where is my dad, Lena?" I ask and she sits down on the bed still holding me.

"He's fine, he's in the hospital and Genève is with him," she says.