Chapter 23

Randy looked at Harry across the green. She enjoyed spending time with him usually but he was usually far more talkative. The last few times they'd gone out together, he'd barely said four words the entire night and tonight looked as though it was going to be more of the same.

She glanced at him and then back down at her tiny putter. Mini golf had been her idea, she thought it might help to perk him up. But nothing seemed to be helping this time.

Randy knew what he was preoccupied with and to be honest it was about damn time. Elena was about to have his kid yet for some reason he was still holding onto this betrayal he felt. It didn't make any sense to Randy, but she suspected it did make sense to Harry.

She took a breath,

"We can do something else..." She stopped when he finally seemed to realize she was there with him, "If you want. I just thought-"

"No." Harry interrupted, "I'm sorry...I've just got a lot on my mind."

Randy nodded,

"I would hope so. You're about to become a father." Harry nodded but didn't say anything. He seemed to slip right back into his own world, "When do you start those breathing classes?"

"Lamaze?" Harry asked, still focusing on the green felt covering the ground around them, "Couple days. We had a private class." Harry scoffed, "She didn't want me to feel self conscious with other people around taking photos of us."

Randy had to admit, after knowing Elena for the last couple weeks, that made sense. When she'd invited Randy to her baby shower she was very aware that people who were there might not take to Randy so nicely considering the pictures that had come out of Randy and Harry. Elena made it clear that if anyone said anything to Randy that made her feel even the slightest bit uncomfortable that Randy was to tell Elena immediately.

It seemed Elena was always aware of the comfort level of the people she cared about. It wasn't hard to see why the people around her seemed to care about her so fiercely.

Randy noticed the people behind them getting closer. She quickly made her putt and watched while Harry sank his on the first try.

"You still seem angry with her." Randy observed as they walked to the next hole.

Harry shrugged while he waited for her to take her aim again,

"I don't know what I am with her. One minute I miss her so much I feel like there's an elephant sitting on my chest. The next minute, I'm still so angry with her I can't breathe."

"You two still haven't talked?"

Harry shook his head,

"I think we're both tip toeing around each other right now. Every time we approach discussing anything of importance it devolves into an argument. The last time we argued, we said such hateful things to each other..." He let his sentence trail off, "Neither of us wants it to get to that point again."

"Yeah but," Randy began, "You can't keep going like that. I mean...you still love each other." When Harry's eyes finally lifted to meet hers, she saw the shock in them. Randy smiled despite the heaviness of their discussion, "You didn't think I saw that? I don't know how anyone can't see it. It's like a blinding spotlight whenever you're together."
Harry shrugged,

"I'm not sure how you see it. I don't."

Randy was about to open her mouth to answer when Harry's phone blared to life. He glanced at the people behind them, waving them by as he and Randy stepped out of the way while he took the phone call.