Chapter 8

Harry woke up with Elena tucked into his front while she peacefully slept in his arms.  He pressed his lips to her bare shoulder, smiling when she stirred just slightly but didn't wake up.  They had a full day of activity to get through today.  Their first appointment with Elena's OB which would include an ultrasound was later that afternoon.  Harry had a meeting with Jeff to discuss promotion for his new movie and Elena's first day on set for her own movie was to start at two.  But Harry had his own plans for that morning.  And nothing was gonna get in his way.

Elena was expecting him to slide his hand down her leg or spread his palm over her tummy, so when she felt his warmth leave her she quickly rolled over.  Harry was just coming back from whatever he was doing when they ran into each other.

He quickly smiled,

"Hey, Pretty Girl.  Good morning."

Elena pulled her eyebrows together.  She was naked under the sheets.  Harry usually took full advantage of that.  She lifted her head to try to look over his body,

"What are you doing?"

Harry cleared his throat before he hid shifted onto his knees and hid something behind his back.  Elena sat up, clutching the sheet to her bare chest as her eyes widened,

"Harry, you're scaring me."

Harry laughed as he reached forward to cup her face in his hands,

"Don't be scared."  He kissed her, "It's alright, I promise."

Elena swallowed after he pulled away, though her eyes were still huge.  Her eyes darted up and down his body looking for any shred of a clue as to what he might be planning.

He took her hand in his,

"You love me right?"

Elena shot him a look.  Now she was really alarmed,

"Harry-"

"Please,"  He said as he lifted her hand to his mouth and pressed a kiss to her knuckles, "Please just go with this."

Elena nodded,

"More than anything."

He seemed to settle into a contentment then.  Like he'd gotten the answer he was looking for though she couldn't imagine any other answer he might've been expecting. 

He smiled,

"And I love you...so...so much."  Harry must have rehearsed this in his head a million times last night while Elena slept.  The perfect words, the perfect moment, the perfect setup...but when he'd woken up this morning with her asleep in his arms he realized none of that mattered.  It would all be perfect regardless because this was Elena.  And everything with her was always amazing. 

Harry looked down at her ringless finger,

"Hm...you're missing something."

Elena stopped as she looked down at her fingers too,

"What?"

Harry frowned causing Elena to frown,

"What?  What am I missing?" She prodded.

Harry produced a box from behind his back.  Little and covered in red velvet it was abundantly clear what was in it. 

Elena's entire body froze as her eyes locked onto it.  She watched intently as Harry flipped it open, revealing a huge square cut diamond ring. 

Harry waited for her to react.  When it was clear she was completely dumbfounded he continued,

"You are everything I ever wanted wrapped up in the most beautiful package I have ever seen.  And I want you to marry me, Len."  Her eyes moved from the ring up to his eyes but the rest of her body didn't move.  He squeezed her hand, "I want us to be together forever."  He was a little shocked when tears stung the back of his eyes, "I just wanna want you for the rest of my life."  He squeezed her hand again, "Marry me, Pretty Girl."