Chapter 18

It was an odd feeling for Elena, that of being alone. But with her mother gone, she supposed she was. Even if Andrea was about 50 feet away soaking in a bathtub. Harry was going to take her child from her and while Elena knew she deserved his vitriol the idea that they had fallen this far was a shock to her system.

She had to stop this. But how? Elena was consumed with trying to figure out a way to thwart Harry. She'd chewed her thumbnail almost down to a nub while she vacillated between calling him not to do this and boarding a plane to America without telling him where she was going. The latter was obvious extreme but then again, so was fighting Elena for custody.

She lifted her phone, staring at the text message conversation with Harry in front of her. The last conversation they'd had via text was when things were still good between them. Elena's eyes filled with tears as she stared at his last text to her. A repeat of the three words she'd kill to hear from him now. "I love you" five times in a row before he sent her a kissy face.

Elena dropped her phone as the tears finally showed themselves, racking through her body as she shook.

Andrea, clad in the fluffiest pink robe Elena had ever seen, knocked gently on her door,

"Hey." She said softly.

Elena didn't look up at her,

"Hey." She responded.

Andrea walked in to sit on the edge of Elena's bed,

"Still upset, I see."

Elena nodded,

"Still upset."

Andrea could have killed Harry. Fighting Elena for custody was a low blow. Even if he had grounds to think she would keep the kid from him, it was completely unlike him to go to this extreme. Elena hadn't been herself since their breakup but at least she was coping. After this, Elena had fallen down the rabbit hole and Andrea wasn't sure how to get her back.

"I don't want to keep reminding you of it unless you need to talk." Andrea said quietly.

Elena shrugged,

"What is there to talk about? If he goes into a court and tells them I almost aborted-" Elena stopped, "Then it's done. He'll win."

"Maybe. But if you tell them about your frame of mind...maybe they'll take your side." When Elena scoffed, Andrea let her sentence trail off. She nodded, "Alright...I understand you can't hear that right now."

Elena aimlessly clapped her hands together as she lightly banged her head against the wall she was sitting against,

"I just need to figure this out."

"Figure what out?"

Elena let her hands drop to her bed as her face relaxed into complete defeat,

"I don't even know."

Andrea watched as Elena's head dropped. One thing was for sure, sitting in this bedroom constantly thinking about it wasn't going to help anything. She tapped Elena's shin,

"C'mon...let's go."

Elena looked up at Andrea as she walked towards the door,

"Where are we going?"

Andrea quirked her eyebrows,

"It's a surprise. Get dressed."

-------------------

Harry lifted his fingers to knock on Randy's door. He could hear her rushing around on the other side as she yelled that she was coming, then a cuss word, then said she was coming again and then screamed out in pain when she ran into something. Harry had to giggle. When she finally answered the door, Harry was in a full out laugh.