Jughead~ Just a Statistic (Platonic Imagine)

Type: Angst (And fluff w/ Reggie)

Main Ship: N/A (Technically, it's Jughead and the reader but they're friends)

Warnings: Major depression, suicidal thoughts, talking about self-harm (past), self-harm, self-depreciation, suicide attempt, anxiety

Requested by: Technically me. If you know about recent events, you'll know why I wrote this

Word Count: 2,809 (Yeah I know it's long, I'm sorry)

Prompt: Jughead becomes very depressed about his life and begins to shut everyone out, even his best friend (Y/n). (Y/n) keeps trying to ask why he's so upset, but he keeps her at arm's length, even taking it so far as to insult and shove her. But when he finally snaps, (Y/n) is there before he does anything bad. (This veers very far from the show in a lot of aspects, so please don't read if you're sensitive to this subject.

A/N: This probably has a few spelling/ grammatical errors, but I hope you enjoy this. There is a happy ending ;-)

---------------------------------------------

Jughead's POV~

I don't know what I'm supposed to do with my life. Betty dumped me, I'm a loner around this school, my friends are going to leave. Some already have. Archie has music and the groupies that come along with it. Archie has Veronica. Cheryl has Toni. Even Kevin has Fangs. I have nothing. I try to be happy around (Y/n). I don't want to bring her into my depression. She's so happy and positive with me. I don't want to hurt her.

"Juggie!" I heard a voice squeal behind me. Oh boy. She's here. I wonder if she'll notice my mood. "Hey Jug? How are you today?" She plopped down and placed her lunch tray next to mine, though it was practically empty.

I want death. "I'm fine. How are you?"

"You're not fine. I can tell."

Shit. "I really don't want to do this right now (Y/n)."

"Jug, you're scaring me. You've pushed everyone away. You're being more depressed by the day. You're not fine, and I intend to find out why."

"(Y/n), what if people pushed me away? Not the other way around? What if I'm just meant to be alone forever?"

"Jughead, you're not listening to me."

"No, (Y/n), you're not listening to me. I don't need other people. I've been fine by myself my entire life. No one cared enough to be around me then, why would they now?"

"Jug, I've been here."

"Oh if only you knew." I stood up abruptly and tried to walk away but she threw herself in front of me.

"Please tell me what's wrong!" She begged.

"Nothing is wrong." I gritted my teeth.

"What's your problem? Why are you acting like this?"

"You're my problem! God, you never leave me alone! You're like a goddamn nuisance. You pester the shit out of me. I've tried to just wait it out but you never stop. I've done, (y/n). I'm fucking done. Don't talk to me."

"Juggie-" Her voice cracked and came out in a fragile whisper.

"Go away." I shoved her to the side of me and got out of the lunchroom as fast as I could, leaving her behind.

~~~

Reader P.O.V.

"Juggie-" Your voice cracked. Of course, my voice had to crack.