Chapter 12

They leave the basement-looking room. I accept their challenge. I try to get out the chains. Then I remember when we were breaking the strong objects in Karate. "Okay.." I whisper to myself.
I try to remember the steps to breaking something tough.
Breathe.
Focus.
Close your eyes.
Picture your hand slicing through the object.
Hold your breath to avoid the pain.
Try to break it.
I follow these steps and then I attempt to break the chain from my right hand. After two tries, it works, but my hand is throbbing. I do the left hand, then that hand is throbbing. I then do my ankles. I'm free. I stand up and grab the gun out of my holster. I check and see if it has any bullets loaded, it doesn't. I pull my one spare bullet off of my earring and put it in the gun. "I guess it's gonna be a game of Russian Roulette when they get down here." I whisper to myself. I begin to hear the doorknob wiggle I grab my bat. I hear them unlocking all the locks. I hear the boss. I hear the boy and girl debt collectors. I hear the two men that were just in here. I was about to fight 5 people. I hide behind the door. As soon as they all walk in, I swing my bat at the first person who walks in, it was one of the two men. I hit the other man with the bat as well. The girl debt collector takes the bat from me and tries to hit me with it. I grab it, snap it in half, and throw it at the boy debt collector. The boy debt collector lies on the ground passed out because it hit him in the head. Me and the girl begin to fist fight. I take her arms and bend them behind her head. She screams in pain. The boss holds a gun up to my head. While facing the girl debt collector, I kick the gun out from his hand without looking, then I kick the girl debt collector in the face, and then pick up his gun and shoot him with it. It is not loaded. He laughs. I walk up to him and hit him in the head with my gun that only has one bullet. It hits him but he is not phased. I then kick him where the sun don't shine (a natural girl tactic) and shoot the gun. The gun can hold six bullets, now I had to see which slot that one bullet has slid into. "Time for some Russian Roulette." I say.  I shoot the gun five times before the girl debt collector snatches the gun from me and attempts to shoot me. The bullet comes out and I dodge it. It hits Troop in the shoulder. She then pulls out her gun and shoots me, I dodge it. She continues to shoot and I continue to dodge. Then she runs out of bullets. I move closer and she tries to hit me with the empty gun. I grab it, hit her upside the head with it, and she passes out. I then open the door, I come out of the basement and I'm in an unfamiliar house. I make it to the front door and I hear someone getting up in the basement. I pull two Bobby pins out of my hair and pick the lock. This is what I did when I needed to sneak back into my house when my mom kicked me out. I learned this skill when I was twelve. You take two Bobby pins, bend the end of one, stick in the corner, and twist it til it's stuck. Then you stick the other one in it. And press up in a random pattern while applying pressure with the other one. The door opens and I run out of it. I run and run. I go into an abandoned building and check the time. It's 5:30 am. I have 99 missed calls from Connor. There was no service in that basement. I call him back.
"Connor" I say breathing heavy.
"Babe, are you okay?"
"No, yeah, I don't know"
I tell him where I am and he comes and meets me. We return home and sleep.