Chapter 9

I wake up and he's already awake. I smell food from downstairs. I go downstairs. He had cooked some eggs and bacon.
"Yummy" I say.
I sit and begin to eat with him.
"So," I ask him.
"Do you have a girlfriend?"
"No. Once I left you, I never wanted to get into another relationship. What about you?"
"I tried a couple relationships but I was always so distant so it never worked out.".
It got silent.
"Soo..." I ask.
"Does that mean we're dating?"
He laughs and walks over to me and hugs me.
"I missed you so much." He says.
"I missed you too.".
He lets go of me, looks at me, moves my hair, and kisses me.
"We're dating if you say we're dating, Alex." He says, jokingly.
"And I say we are.".
   That weekend, we pretty much hang out like we used to. We go on dates, we go to the movies, we take pictures, we hang out in our PJ's, we feed each other, and we joke around with each other. Monday rolls around and I have to go to work. Both me and Connor get up at 5:30am. I get in the shower. When I get out, he watched me put all the weapons in secret holsters on my body,
"Dang, you could've seriously hurt me." He says.
"Yah lets just say I'm nice."
I put on the boots, load the guns, and put them in the boots. Then I put on a bodysuit and skirt. I throw on a leather jacket, pull my hair into a ponytail, and get ready to leave.
"Love you." Connor says.
I smile.
"I love you too."
"Also," Connor says.
"Sorry for hurting you when you were doing your job."
I smile again.
"You didn't know it was me, and it could've hurt more. Amateur."
I laugh. I missed being able to tease him.
   I kill the people I must kill and collect from whom I must collect and after I'm done, Troop texts me and asks me to meet with him at his house. He sends me the address and I go. I knock. He opens the door and tells me to come inside. He tells me to sit on the couch. He sits beside me.
"Alex." He says.
"I had a client, that stopped buying from me, yesterday."
My heart dropped. Was he gonna kill me?
"And this client.. has been buying from me for years. So I don't know if that is a good thing on your part.. or a bad thing. I need you to be scary but I don't need you to get rid of my clients."
"Who was the client?" I ask, even though I knew the answer.
"Connor Mare"
"He payed, though. Maybe it's not my fault, boss. Maybe he just is turning over a new leaf and quitting drugs."
Troop turns red and angry.
"Turning over a new leaf, Alex? You work for a drug company. I will not have you support someone quitting on me and this company!"
This makes me mad.
"I work for you, Troop! I do my job! You can't control my opinions!"
Troop slaps me. My jaw drops. Then I slap him. He kicks me onto the ground.
"Do not call me Troop! It's Boss. And you know this! Do not hit me either!"
I leave.
He texts me telling me that he gets in arguments like that with all his workers and he actually apologizes. He does tell me that I can't scare customers away and tells me that he will be keeping an eye on me.