Chapter 9 - Unmoving and Awkward

Start from the beginning

"You're just a big ole teddy bear in designer clothes aren't you." I joked as he kissed my forehead and nose. "What do you mean your parents were 'taken out' and what kinda house was your grandfather in to find a baby in a box?"

His face dropped as if he'd just told me something he wasn't supposed to. He quickly plastered on a fake smile before trying to piece together his next few words. "There's a lot I have to tell you but just-"

The doorbell rang , putting an end to our conversation.. for now. He groaned rolling out of the warm bed, pulling on a pair of sweats from a layer of clothes I just realized were spread at the foot of the bed. The doorbell rang again coupled with a few loud bangs on the door. Christian lightly jogged out of the room and a few seconds later I could hear as the door opened and familiar voices boomed throughout the stilled house.

Getting up from the bed I'm immediately reminded of what went down last night. The soreness around my waist, between my legs and all over my thighs was no joke. Even areas on my ribs were sensitive to the touch. I sat back down for a minute trying to ready myself for the agony again.

Mustering up the strength, I made my way to the bathroom where I saw myself in the mirror. How the hell have I been cuddled up under this man looking like a troll this whole time and he didn't say nothing?! My hair resembled a birds nest, I only thank God I wore such little makeup last night and it wasn't smudged across my face. On the counter-top he'd laid out a few things for me including a washcloth, toothbrush and a spindly little hairbrush: which he probably asked one of his guys to buy from the dollar store this morning. Bless his heart.

After brushing my teeth, I turned to the shower, it took me a good 5 minutes fiddling with the faucet to even get the shower head on. I hated using things at Chris' places, they were always too complex. I've told him before that this is what happens when rich people don't have anything to do, they make something to do.

When I got out, I tried combing my hair but, just as I guessed, broke the brush within the first 4 strokes. It wasn't even enough for a cute messy bun, I was gonna have to rock her shady sister, the tangled bun.

Walking back into the room I throw on the t-shirt and pair of boxers left on the bed before making my way to the noise downstairs. Standing in the kitchen were Christian, Demetri, Antoni and Sebastian. I walked in and all eyes were trained on me. Unmoving and awkward.

"Morning guys. When you all finish staring can somebody please point me to the orange juice?"

The boys pulled out of their stare and chuckled, each sending me a 'good morning'. Sebastian pulled a glass from the cupboard and slid it over to Antoni who poured out some juice. Christian picked it up, walking over to me. I reached my arm out but he kept the glass in his hand and brought his face closer to me speaking low enough so only I could hear.

"What are you wearing?"

"Boxers and a t-shirt. Is this a game?... What are you wearing?"

"Ha ha very funny." He deadpanned with a playful tone. "Why are you enticing my guys?"

"I didn't know asking for orange juice did that, next time I'll ask for water." I said reaching my arm out to grab the juice, but my tiny limbs could only stretch so far as he held the glass above his head.

"I hope you're this mouthy later when I'm ready to put it to good use, smart-ass."

I sent him a smile dripping in sarcasm which he returned with a quick kiss and my orange juice.

"Go get dressed we've gotta stop off at your place so you can change before we head out."

I downed my juice and handed him the glass before heading back upstairs. On my way up, I'm distracted when there's a knock at the front door. The boys were too loud to have heard it so I go to answer instead. I swing open the door and I'm greeted with a face I'm sure I knew from somewhere. The woman motions to walk past me but I push the door closed a little more so it's only cracked open slightly.

 The woman motions to walk past me but I push the door closed a little more so it's only cracked open slightly

"Can I help you?"

I ask in my most polite voice. She opens her mouth but before she can say anything all four boys come rushing in our direction, Christian shouting in a panic.

"Alesha get away from the door! Who is that?!"

Without waiting for an answer he grabs my arm pulling me back beside him causing the door to swing open. Seeing the pretty blonde he lets out a relieved sigh, but his grip on my arm is still firm.

"What the fuck do you want Charlotte?"

JJ x