I Want You Back

"I'm sorry."

We made our way to this giant park, It was completely empty so we sat on the swings and talked. I told her everything from the beginning, starting with when I was dating Jackson.

M: He seriously broke up with you like that?

K: Trust me it gets worse.

M: Yikes.

...To when I met Johnny, found out we were going to the same school, and started something with him.

M: Damn sounds like you got yourself a keeper.

K: You'd think right?

M: Well this wouldn't be your life story if you didn't manage to screw something up.

K: Ouch, but you're right.

...To my ex showing back up, the entire fiasco of him blackmailing me, to ever brim detail. The fire. Me getting Jumped. Me breaking it off with Johnny. Him getting arrested. Me seeing Johnny with someone else. And now.

M: Aw babe.

K: It's too much for me to even think about.

M: You must have broken poor Johnny's heart.

K: I think I did, hell, I broke my own in doing so.

M: But I am glad that bastard is locked up.

K: That makes two of us.

M: Why didn't you just tell Johnny about Jackson, and him... blackmailing you?

K: Because when I tried to fix it he was with someone else-

M: No not after, like while it was happening.

K: Jackson had eyes everywhere, and he said to stay away from Johnny, I didn't want to risk it.

M: There's more to it.

K: I knew what he was going to do, he was going to try and fix it, the thing is, I had no idea the seriousness of whatever he did in his past, but if it was enough to completely ruin his life, no way I was taking the chance.

M: Okay, that's fair. Lemme see a picture of him.

K: *Shows*

M: Oh. My. God. That's, Johnny?

K: Yeah.

M: Dayum girl, he a snacc.

K: *Eye roll*

M: So what's he like?

K: Obviously hot.

M: Well duh.

K: We were never together or anything, but we had something, whether we made it official or anything, you can't deny that.

M: A playboy?

K: The biggest. Every girl is practically drooling over him, it's annoying as hell, not that I can really blame them.

M: So does he sleep with all of them?

K: He did, but when he said he met me, he wasn't interested in anyone else.

M: Damn, you got him wrapped around your finger.

K: Had. I never slept with him though.

M: How come?

K: I'm pretty sure he'd lose whatever interests he had in me once I slept with him. I had no idea what his intentions were. Guess it's too late anyway.