Smoke Filled Room

"Walk into a smoke filled room, no one could keep their eyes off you."

 Kenzie's POV

It feels nice, to stand here on the beach with my toes pushed into the sand. I'm on my last 2 days of summer vacation before I'm sent off to a new school. I guess I'm somewhat excited for it because it's a new school and I will be living on campus, but since my parents are huge in the business world and pretty much famous, they're sending me to a school where the kids are in a similar situation as mine. So I guess meeting new people kinda like me will be pretty damn interesting. I'm 17, I'm about to go into my senior year, and after that college. Which at the moment, I just got a scholarship in junior year to Stanford University. So I guess you could say my life is going pretty swell. As for my dating life, well I'm not a virgin let me start there, but I've learned that with guys, a lot of them just end up hurting you, so I'm taking that slow and hoping I might not make the same dumb mistake I've made a hundred times before.

Alex: Hey sorry our beach ball's rig... Hey I'm Alex.

K: I'm Kenzie, I assume you came over for your ball right?

A: Uh yeah sorry about that.

K: Nah you're fine.

A: You on vacation?

K: Last couple days before I head back to school.

A: Then since it's your last couple days, maybe you'd be down to come to our party tonight?

K: Party?

A: Yeah, we're at one of the beach houses right off the beach, tonight.

K: I'm staying at one of the houses right next to yours, I'll be there.

A: Awesome.

K: Hey I'm headed back to my place, I'll see you tonight.

A: See you then.

*Kenzie Leaves

Chase: Dude where's our ball?

A: Forget the damn ball, we have to plan a party tonight...

*Kenzie's Place

K: Hey mom.

M: Hey sweetie how was the beach?

K: Amazing, I met this guy named Alex and he invited me to his beach house for a party tonight. Can I go?

M: I...

Lucas: I heard something about a party.

K: Hey dad.

M: Oh come on Lucas she's a teenage girls, she's gonna go to parties.

L: Not from a boy she isn't.

K: Dad it is right down the street, literally.

M: Come on sweetie.

K: Last 2 days of summer, please.

L: Fine but...

K: Thanks bye.

*Kenzie runs up to her room.

L: She will be the death of me.

M: I know baby, I know.

*1 Hour before the party

M: Hey sweetie do you need anything?

K: I need a dress but most of my stuff is packed since my flight is tomorrow.

M: I have the perfect one.

K: Thanks but I don't want to wear a mom dress.

M: Okay I'll admit, that hurt, but it's not, it's a dress I kept from one of my high school parties in hopes that you'd wear it.