Promise

"You deserve more than I can promise."

The next morning

*Downstairs

M: Morning you tw0.

K: Morning.

M: How'd you sleep Johnny?

J: Very good thank you.

L: I'm headed off to work, bye sweetie, I'll be home late tonight.

M: See you tonight.

K: Love you dad.

L: Love you too kiddo.

*Lucas leaves

M: You're guys' flight leaves tomorrow for school, do you have any plans for today?

J: Nope.

K: What if I took Johnny out to see the whole town?

M: Oh and go to the city and downtown while your at it.

K: Will do. Get up and go get ready.

J: I will chill.

*Kenzie's room

Kenzie's Outfit:

J: So tell me, where are we going first?

We left the house, it was probably about 9 am, so we had plenty of time to visit everywhere we wanted to go. I took him around the town first where we got some breakfast and coffee, we walked around and visited the little shops nearby. 

We went downtown after. We walked into a smoky jazz bar. Conversations swirl in a dirty cloud of smoke. All you could smell was the stagnant stench of cigarettes.  A sharp smell of drink wafts towards me. He looked over to me and grabbed my hand and pulled me to the stage where a band played some live jazz music. Johnny winds his way through the warm bodies to order a drink, the dark local beer. 

After we sat at the bar and ordered a few drinks, he decided to call an uber and head home. We were leaving in the morning anyways.

*The next morning

M: You both packed?

J: Yep, luggage is in the car.

M: Okay...

J: I'll go wait in the car, thank you again for thanksgiving dinner and letting me stay.

M: Of course, you're always welcome.

*Johnny leaves

K: I'm going to miss you both.

L: We're going to miss you too, keep up the good work in school.

K: I will. 

M: I love you.

K: I love you too, mom. *Whispers into moms ear* Tell dad and Johnny please.