Bliss in Paradise

Contains spoilers from The Stranger's Wife!!

Contains spoilers
from The Stranger's Wife!!

Amelia whipped her surgical gloves off and threw them in the trash, followed by her garb, sighing as she did so. It was one of those days where everything that could go wrong, actually went wrong.

Halfway through the surgery, she'd accidentally nicked an artery and it had been like the Red Sea in there. Too bad, she didn't possess any God-like powers that would allow her to part the Red Sea and magically find the source of the bleeding. Her patient had lost a lot of blood and the evidence was now splattered on her OR shoes and scrubs.

As she washed her hands, she couldn't figure out how she'd manage to slice that artery like it was a sausage. She'd never done anything like that before and it was an enormous mistake. The patient could have died.

"Great job in there, Dr. Miller. You didn't need my help," Dr. Camden said as he turned on the water in the basin next to her, startling her in the process. She watched him soap up, frothy bubbles clinging to the fine hairs on his arms.

"Having you there was reassuring. I'm not saying you're a better doctor than I am, because you're not, but I didn't want to be alone if she died."

"It's very difficult to stop a massive bleeding at the back of the mouth like that, but you did. Now we wait until she pulls through. As you know, she's not completely out of the woods yet." Dr. Camden was an intense guy. He was devilishly handsome as well with a British accent, dark brown skin, and all of that wrapped in a tall muscular frame.

"I know," she said, looking away from his arresting gaze. She normally wouldn't have noticed how handsome he was if he wasn't constantly flirting with her. "Thanks again for assisting me in there."

Using paper towels, he dried his hands and then tossed them in the bin. He turned and looked in the mirror, running his hand over tight curls. "It was my pleasure, love. See you around."

Yeah, not. Dr. Roscoli Camden was pure trouble and she was staying as far away from him as possible. In fact, her husband was a lot better looking than he was. And she couldn't wait to get home to him.

After she informed her eight-year-old patient parents about the complication that occurred during surgery, she continued her final rounds after a long 15-hour shift and headed home.

Her husband pulled up in the driveway in his yellow Camaro a few seconds after she did. Apparently, she wasn't the only one working till late on a Tuesday night.

She climbed the steps and greeted Filo, their live-in housekeeper. "How's Amira?"

"Sleeping. She exhausted herself at school today."

"Right, gym day."

She waited on her husband in the extravagant entryway, thinking about cutting her days at the hospital again so she could spend more time with their daughter. Amira was a father's girl and with good reason. Willem had the opportunity to fill in his work hours and lately, ever since she went back to her full hours, he'd chosen to work from home more often.