Chapter 5

Andy was sat with a group of her acquaintances at lunchtime, they were speaking about a party that they'd attend in the evening. They each spoke about how they would trick their parents into where they were going.

Andy was bored out of her mind, she didn't need permission to go to any party, her parents rarely knew where she was, nor did they really care, as long as she didn't go missing for days they were satisfied.

"What about you Andy, how do you plan to get out tonight?" Asked Peyton.

Andy looked up from her tub of cold chicken and pasta to see all four girls staring at her awaiting her answer. "Erm, I haven't given it much thought."

"Better get a move on. You're still planning on coming, right?" Anissa asked her.

"Yeah. I have nothing else to do," Andy shrugged, she didn't really care too much about the party, but she'd rather be there than stay at home for the night, with her family.

"Great. So we're all coming then," Lauren grinned.

Just then the bell rang and it was time for Andy's tutorial with Mr Hollow, she would spend the rest of her school day with him.

She had no intention of admitting it to her headteacher, but she'd been enjoying the sessions, she quite liked Mr Hollow after the few weeks they had had together.

He would often speak to her about her day, and help her understand maths problems in a way that no other teacher could, but it wasn't just maths, he'd work on any subject with her and sometimes,  just sometimes he made her laugh.

There was one thing that got under Andy's skin about him, it was his strictness and his urge to know more about her, she struggled to listen to authority, though she listened to him more than any other teacher in the school, that including the headteacher.

She instantly ditched her friends, walking rapidly to room 104. Mr Hollow was animus about her showing up late to his session, and she'd much rather talk to him than be with them any longer, there was only so much of their voices she could take before they drove her to her own personal point of madness.

She quickly burst into the room without knocking, and took her seat, she sighed in relief when she realised she had got away from the noise of her friends and other pupils rowdiness.

"Well hello, Andy. How nice of you to join me in such a manner," Mr Hollow smirked. "How was your weekend?"

"Sorry, Sir, Hi. I just couldn't stand another word from them," She said walking towards her desk, "My weekend was alright."

"Good... So, who are you talking about?" Mr Hollow asked, handing Andy her worksheets.

She grabbed them off him and glanced at the work he had given to her, before speaking. "My friends. They keep going on about the stupid part... never mind."

"I hope you weren't about to say party," He squinted, his voice was on the edge of sounding stern.

"Nope," Andy lied. But Mr Hollow was a father after all so he could sniff out the simplest of lies.

"Andrea. I'd advise you not to go to that party."

Andy rolled her eyes slowly, she knew it would annoy him. "What party?" She said innocently.