Chapter 1: First Concert

"Y/n are you even listening to me?!" My best friend Kylee groans in annoyance interrupting me from my peacefulness. "What?" I whine keeping my gaze on the screen of my camera waiting for the perfect moment to capture the best picture.

"Can't you see I'm busy?" I whisper watching the baby very carefully. "Yes you're taking pictures of a baby smashing a cake, you're very busy" she says sarcastically making me roll my eyes. "What are you doing here anyways?" I ask smiling once the baby finally giggles waving it's arms around full of cake. I take a few shots and do some silly faces to catch his attention, he laughs harder and I chuckle already knowing these pictures are going to be perfect.

"You're dad let me in" she shrugs "But I have some very exciting news" she gushes as I finally look up at her, deciding I already got enough pictures for the mother. "What is it?" I ask placing my hands on my hip but she shakes her head. "I'll tell you at Starbucks come on" she motions with her head to follow her but I shake my head.

"Give me a sec" she sighs but nods "I'll be waiting" she says before walking out of the studio. I shake my head amused and turn back to the mother who's cleaning her baby. "I took some great shots" I smile waking towards the camera "I'll edit them tonight and send them to you as soon as possible" I inform making her nod in understanding. "Thank you very much" she smiles. I quickly say goodbye and head to the office where my father is, "I'm off" I warn making him wave me goodbye.

I walk out of the studio and find Kylee on her phone leaning against the wall of the building. "Let's go" I say catching her attention, she looks up at me and smiles.

We walk around the corner to our usual Starbucks hang out, and order our usual frappuccinos before taking a seat at a booth. "What's so important that you had to drag me away from work" I ask playfully, she rolls her eyes before smiling. "You know who Sabrina Carpenter is right?" She asks making me bite my lip as I rack my brain for a certain Sabrina.

"The singer?" I question making her nod. "The very best" she adds matter of factly "Right what about her?" I ask taking a sip of my drink. "I got two tickets to see her tonight and I'm inviting you" she smirks as I frown "Why so last minute?".

"My mom wanted to come but she ditched me last minute so the only one who's better than her is you" she admits making me smile. "Mhm" I hum unconvinced, if you needed to know anything about Kylie is that her mother and her are inseparable, they have such a bond I envied, but of course I could never achieve it since my mom passed away when I was two. (Sorry for your mom).

"Are you coming or not?" She asks making me shrug, "I don't know, I promised I'd get the babie's pictures ready by tonight".

"Just make your dad do them, I'm sure he wouldn't mind" she waves me off making me sigh. "I'll come if he let's me" I admit making her smile "Yes!" She exclaims excitedly throwing her hands in the air. She's quite the dramatic girl if I'm honest. I laugh and shake my head at her.

~ 📷~

"Mr. Y/n" Kylee starts as soon as we enter back in the studio. "Yes Lee?" He asks already knowing she's about to ask him a favour. Kylee's mother and mine were best friends ever since high school, so it wasn't a shock that they made us became best friends. After my mother passed away Kylee's mom's stepped in and helped me with whatever girl issues I was going through making Kylee and I become extremely close. She became my sister.

"Is it cool if I take your daughter to a concert with me?" She asks leaning in front of his desk. "Sure" he shrugs making my eyes widen, "Just like that?" I ask confused "You don't have any questions or curfew or whatever?" He looks up at me and shakes his head. "No" he replies simply.

"Okay then" I breathe out crossing my arms over my chest. "Y/n, you've been working your ass off here for months if you need a night out that's fine with me. You're eighteen go live a little" a soft smile pulls at my lips and I nod.

"Thank you" I say leaning down to give him a quick hug. "I'll see you later" I add grabbing Kylee's hand and leading her upstairs. "Oh and can you edit the cake Smash picture?" I add with a smile, my dad looks up at me and shakes his head with a smile "Really?" He asks making me nod with a giggle.

"Thank you!" I say walking back up the stairs "Love you!" I shout before Kylee and I arrive in my room.

~📷~

After 3 hours of trying on different outfits Kylee and I were finally dressed to go to the concert. She decided to wear a tight black skirt with a black crop top paired with an oversized flannel and black knee high boots, tying her black hair in a high ponytail, I decided for something a bit more simple. Black high waisted shorts with a red off the shoulder crop top paired with a black leather jacket, leaving my y/h/c down in waves.

"Did you seriously bring your camera?" Lee asks annoyed when she sees me pull out my camera. I nod vigoursly "Off course, I'm not going to a concert without getting memories" I say making her sigh "Now smile" I say taking her aback causing her green eyes to widen, she quickly smiles and I take a picture before chuckling. "See memories" she roll her eyes and the lights go down, "This is it!" She yells gripping my arm tightly.

"Are you guys ready?!" Sabrina's voice asks making the crowd cheer. Seconds later she appears with a wide smile, I quickly lift my camera and start snapping pictures and I'm taken aback by how gorgeous she is.

~📷~

"Those pictures are actually amazing" Lee compliments as I edit the pictures I took of Sabrina from the concert last night. "Thanks" I smile adding the final touch to the last picture, "I'm going to put them on the website, maybe it'll give us more customers" she shrugs with a nod before returning her attention back to her phone.

I post all the pictures online before looking around my room with a sigh. "How about I give you a photo shoot?" I suggest looking at my dark haired best friend. "Is that really what you come up with when ur bored?" She asks with a laugh.

"I feel light you don't know me sometimes" I laugh "Anyways you get to try on my clothes and I get to do your make up" with that small bit of information her eyes light up and she jumps out of my bed making me laugh.

___________________________________

If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Go check out my other books!

-Mel❤