Twenty Five

Melancholy Pianos

"Please stop calling me." Levy sighed. "I already told you no."

Lector screamed and yelled. "Why can't you ever support this family!? You think that just because you work for Redfox you're special?!"

"I will hang up this phone," Levy threatened. She tried to keep her voice a whisper. It was what... 5 in the morning?

"I just don't see why you're like this! You have me as a father, so you've got nothing to lose!" Lector smirked. "Just take a chance,"

"No, and that's final." Levy sighed. "If that's all you want, I'll be hanging up now."

"Levy," Lector snarled. "Don't disrespect me. You don't know who you're playing with—"

"Actually, I do. You're my father," Levy scoffed. "Goodbye."

"Don't you da—" The line went dead. Levy sighed softly, walking into the kitchen. She turned on the light, making a bowl of cereal.

She ate it in silence, staring at the little games on the box. Word searches, decoding... she grabbed a pen. Why not do them? Then she started to finish up some papers and documents that needed to be reviewed.

By the time she finished, the sun was already coming up. She glanced at the window, there was no point in going to back to bed.

Dolores was back, seeing Levy working at the computer. Levy looked really stressed and tired as she found random things to work on.

Dolores frowned before glaring harshly. "Hey you. Whatever your name was, you think that overworking yourself is gonna make me believe you're not using my son? Stop trying. Go to sleep, don't waste your time."

"I'm not tired," Levy didn't look up from the computer.

"You think I'm stupid?" Dolores snarled. "I said go to sleep."

"And I said I'm not tired—"

"Levy? Are you okay, how long have you been awake? You weren't in bed this morning when I got up," Gajeel stood in the doorway, frowning at Levy. "Why don't you go take a nap, you look exhausted."

"I'm not! I'm fine, alright!?" Levy slammed her folder shut. She was tired as hell but didn't want to let anyone down, so that made her easily irritable. It also didn't help that she drunk an energy drink, but that didn't do anything except give her a headache, make her heart race, and made body shake.

Gajeel frowned deeply. "You don't need to overwork yourself, Shrimp. You work enough."

"Drop it already! I'm fine!" Levy growled. Gajeel sighed.

"Okay," He nodded. "If you really want me to."

Dolores rolled her eyes. "Fine! Since you're not sleepy, go and make me a coffee! Decaf with two creams! Hurry on, now!"

Levy nodded, stumbling as she went to go. She felt so sluggish... she gripped the handrail tightly as she walked down, vision blurring and fading constantly.

"I've seen enough," Dolores walked down the stairs. "You better walk your tiny ass back up those stairs and get in the bed or else I'll have you fired."

"I'm okay! I really am," Levy exclaimed.

"Come on Levy," Erza carries her bridal style up the stairs and places her in the bed.

"I can work... I really can..." Levy fell asleep as soon as she hit the bed. She didn't want to sleep, afraid of the dreams she would have. Afraid of her father taking her. She felt herself slip away from reality.