Chapter 8: Wings upon the Winds of War.

Start from the beginning

A fear of failure guides human ambition, not a drive for success. Fear of being alone drives human interaction, not love. And it saddens me Bal’tor that such divine creatures should suffer from fear, but it is as He has made them, perfectly imperfect. And perhaps it is for the best, if humans were to ever lose that fear, then there would be nothing left for them. All interaction would cease and everything that makes a human a human would disappear. You see, it was fear, albeit innately and not yet understood to the early ones, that brought humans out of their caves and holes into the world above, and so has the entirety of history advanced, because of fear. Even great success has been hampered by fear, perhaps paradoxically but nonetheless without fail.

And then there is the greatest fear of all. Death would proudly claim it to be a fear of him. Other lesser Deities would claim that humans act because of a fear of their powers. But the thing that is lost on them all, and the thing that haunts me, is that the greatest fear is the fear of Fate and all the havoc it can wreak. The humans mistakenly fear that fate will abandon them or that fate will lead them to the wrong choice. And yet the opposite is true. Fate is with humans every step of the way, until Death brings their souls into the afterlife, and there are no wrong choices when it comes to Fate, only wrong actions, of which I have no control.”

Conflict. Destiny. Passion. Sacrifice.

Why do so many mortal beings deal with these issues? It’s because of their love for one another and the love they have to many other things. It drives them to fight or flee because the burning desire to do righteous deeds is there, but it is hidden inside another issue mortals deal with.

The issue of fear. The power that fear has over these mortals is inconceivable. I waved my hand and Bal’tor vanished to another room.

 ~~

Liam’s P.O.V.

I strode into the armory to gather my armor that was being refurbished and polished for the upcoming battle.

“Ah, young Liam, come in!” The angelic blacksmith shouted from his place next to the silver anvil that was wrapped in ever-changing flames. His hammer continued to swing despite him getting up for me. Mighty sparks flew like lava from a volcano each time the hammer hit the precious metal on the anvil. The sounds of metallic molding filled my ears along with the sound of the battle horns from outside the armory.

“I’ve come to collect my armor.” I said politely.

“Of course my boy! Let me gather it for you. Your helmet was a little banged up so I took the liberty of remaking it fully for you.” His voice faded away as he entered another room. He came back shortly with my armor. Its new golden design of seemed to be wrapped inside a layer of fire red coloring laced with silver spikes. The helmet was totally remodeled with golden fire designs as well as a bow design on both sides with the arrows on the bows being the replacements for the wings I had on them.

“This is utterly fantastic! Thank you so much.” He smiled at my words, handing them to me before walking off to continue with what he was doing.

I slipped on my armor with slight trouble before I saw Louis walking toward me.

“That is some amazing armor you have there.” I nodded at Louis’ words before he sent me a small smile.

“This is going to be a tough ahead for us Liam. We’ve lost so much of who we are because we lost Zayn and we lost Niall to the darkness.” His eyes shimmered with unshed tears as his voice broke at the last part. “We lost him because of the choice he made to save us Liam. We did this to him. We lost him because of the shit that was beyond our control and was about the grand design.” Tears spilled uncheck down his cheek as he reached out and placed his hand on my shoulder.

“Can’t you see Liam? This battle is our only chance to save the ones we love and care about. Our only chance to save our family. But I do fear, even as an angel, I fear Liam. I fear I won’t ever see you again or Harry or anyone. I fear that this battle might take my life and I would cease to exist in the cosmos. I-“I reached out to brush away one of the tears that was falling.

“Hey,” my voice was gentle. “We need to stay strong Louis. We are a-part of this battle or war to come and the only thing we can do now is win right?” He nodded. “The nature of whatever is too happen has been pre-ordained from long ago. Hope is our strongest ally now. I know we’ll get through this, okay?” I pulled him into a hug as his eyes continued to spill tears.

The ground suddenly shook and I heard the horns of heaven once again sound and this time, this time we would fly with our wings on the winds of war. We would fly for the future of the cosmos. We would fly to save our family.

Suddenly, a shout could be heard close to us followed by screams and there, flying in past the gates, were the demons here to surprise us.

~~~~~~~~~~~

*UNEDITED*

Interesting beginning of this all. The tides of war have begun.

Lemme know what you think!

Brace yourselves! War is coming!

Love Cody and Wailan!