Chapter 7: Reflections and the Horn

Niall’s P.O.V.

I gazed out upon the horizon of the After, longing to see that familiar face of someone who did so much for me. The face of someone who I considered my family. The face of someone who was worth all the sacrifices that I chose to make. The face of the one who saved my life in the beginning.

I sighed and looked up toward the sky. An emboldened blue hue ran across the sky while soft silhouettes of white appeared here and there along its trail. The reddish-orange color from the rays of the sun ran across the sky as well trying to push the blue away. It’s always been strange to me while I’ve been the After. Everything seems alive, defying whatever realities I had when I was human. The colors changes vastly here and there are colors no human will ever see.

A soothing breeze began to flow around me which caused the grass around me to move under its pressure. It waved to the sky with the help of the wind. The flow of the wind caused many smells to pass my nose causing me to smile.

Despite everything I wouldn’t have it any other way. I would not change me giving up my soul or me sending back Zayn. The lyrics from one of the songs that I used to listen to flowed through my mind and I couldn’t help but sing them.

‘Wake up in the morning, stumble on my life

Can't get no love without sacrifice

If anything should happen, I guess I wish you well

A little bit of heaven, but a little bit of hell’

I cast my gaze from the sky to the horizon as I finished the lyrics. The horizon’s color changed once again, but not due to the light of anything. It was due to a figure appearing in my view.

My eyes widened at the figure that had appeared before me.

“Hi Niall.”

**

Liam’s P.O.V.

I watched as Louis dodged another attack by Uriel, who seemed to be holding back. We had been summoned by the archangels to train for an upcoming war. Zayn was dead and Niall was causing this war to happen. I went back to focusing on the battle before me.

“Now, see if you can dodge this Louis!” Uriel shouted before vanishing. Louis scanned the area before Uriel appeared behind him and blasting Louis to the ground with some type of emerald bolt. Louis let out a small moan from the pain I can only imagine he experienced from such a powerful blast.

I heard Harry gasp slightly to my right and looked toward him to see him slightly wide-eyed staring at them.

“Scared Harry?” I asked him with a slight chuckle

“A little to be honest. I remember training with them back at angel 101, but this is totally different. This is absolute no holding back training Liam. This is getting our asses handed to us by beings far stronger than any of else including you. As far as we know, Louis is still the strongest of us three and even he isn’t fairing very well against Uriel. Uriel isn’t exactly the easiest opponent and I doubt it would be harder facing Raphael or Michael.” Harry spoke carefully as he continued to spectate the fight before us.

Louis raised his hand and froze the area around him using his power which caused Uriel to freeze. Louis stood up and walked toward Uriel with a small smirk on his face because he knew Uriel wasn’t going to move. He raised his hand with a light bolt ready to fire before Uriel smiled at him and flew straight at him with astonishing speed since he had been frozen. Uriel’s body turned emerald green before he smashed into Louis leaving a trail of green mist as they flew into one of the training walls smashing it down.

I stared completely shocked at what I had just witnessed. I turned toward Harry to see his mouth agape at the sight before us. No one apparently was supposed to be able to break out of Louis’s power of freezing time around him and yet Uriel just did it. I turned back to them and saw Uriel standing up shaking the dust off his wings as Louis lay there moaning.

“Whelp, he’ll be feeling that for a while. Who’s next?” Uriel said with a slight chuckle as his gaze fell upon Harry and I. His emerald eyes studied both of us and I felt extremely inferior under his gaze. “Excellent Liam! Good for you.” Uriel said which confused me. I turned my eyes slightly in Harry’s direction to see him a little further back. I groaned and stepped forward.

I raised my sword and shield the tiniest bit before Uriel vanished. I blinked before I saw Raphael appear in front of me with his sword out.

“Ready Liam?” I could only gulp and nod slowly as he was about to charge.

Suddenly his eyes grew wide as the sound of a trumpet echoed throughout the heavens. It shook the very foundations we should on. The reverberation caused me to stumble and fall to my knees. Raphael stood strong, un-phased by the sudden sounding of the horn. We all knew what the horn meant. It was the call to war.

“It’s time you three. Prepare to see something that will affect you greatly.” Raphael said as the heavens continued to shake.

Harry suddenly began to speak which caused Raphael to run over to him. “I've seen things this world shouldn't see. I have seen the prophecy fulfilled by the greatest things. The world will endure the suffering of the challenge presented by another world that comes with cosmic purpose. The purpose will change the history of events that are being written out into a piece of art that will spiral until the end of time. Only time can change the events and the things that we do. Maybe we can change the world and stop certain things. Maybe we can make a difference if we have the heart to change it for the rest of time.”

Harry blinked twice and looked around. “What happened?”

“I believe you just saw the future Harry,” Was all Raphael said before disappearing.

“What?”

***

*UNEDITED*

Yep, this is the beginning... the beginning of the end of the fellowship. >:)

YOU ARE ALL ABOUT TO SUFFER MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Lemme know what you think <3

I will try to update next sunday <3