And now that my rose is in bloom

A light hits the gloom on the grey.»

The captain grimaced, a hand covering his eyes.

Heat turned to Killer.

«She has a beautiful voice. I didn't know that.» he whispered.

The blond pirate brought his index finger in front of his mask, asking for silence.

«There is so much a woman can tell you, so much she can say

You became

My power, my pleasure, my pain

To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny

Won't you tell me... is that healthy, baby?»

The song faded out as the sound of boiling coffee rose.

For a few seconds, only noises around the kitchen were heard.

«What the... is it over?» Booka hissed, pushing through his comrades to gain the position in front of the door and pressing his ear on it.

«Wait, you big idiot!» Leo scream-whispered.

But it was too late.

The door opened all of a sudden and Booka miserably fell right on you, who had barely the time to widen your eyes and yelp before his big body dropped, sending you both to the floor.

«WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING, YOU MORON?!» you yelled, squashed under him.

Kid heard the commotion behind the wall, some pirates laughing, you cursing them for spying on you while trying to get back on your feet and Killer leaning over to say a simple "good morning, [Y/n]".

«Good morning your blond ass! Booka, get the fuck away!»

«Sorry, I'm sorry! I didn't touch you! Don't tell captain Kid about this!»

«GET. UP. I will never ever prepare coffee for you idiots again!»

The redhead closed his eyes and moved away, heading back to his cabin.

In front of the galley, Killer turned towards the corridor for a second, before stepping in to help you out with the cups.

You were muttering curses under your breath, but still pouring the coffee for the men and distributing it.

«Here, you big idiot.» you said, pushing a cup in Booka's hands «Consider it an apology from yesterday.»

«Oh, you mean when you threatened to blow my brain up?» he scoffed.

«Precisely.»

«Man, she had you in one second!» the Mohican laughed, sitting on the table «You totally underestimated her!»

«Shut up!»

«Thank you, [Y/n].» Heat said when you handed him his cup «Your coffee is my favourite.»

You frowned and eyed his ever-sad expression.

«Don't go all cheesy on me, pirate.» you mumbled, earning a couple of chuckles from the others.

While working on the counter, your blue bracelet captured the sunlight filtering through the windows, shining in the room.

Killer quickly grabbed your wrist to take a better look, making you jump.

«Hey!»

«Looks pretty nice.»

You snorted, pulling your arm away from him and resuming your work.