Day 22 - part two

Aside from the hat that concealed your wrapped hair, you had to wear a bandage around your chest and an extra-sized shirt to cover your forms.

Deeming it too loose, Kid actually re-applied the bandage himself, despite you shouting that he was trying to squeeze your lungs out of your throat, let alone your breasts.

You were now sending silent glares at him while marching on the dock with most of the crew.

At least it wiped out the embarrassment of having almost called him "captain"...

You bristled and decided not to go over and over it in your head.

However, all the thoughts faded away the very moment your feet touched the ground.

It felt it was forever you had been rolling on a ship. It was never a big deal for you, but it was good to be on land.

A subtle relief crept in your guts.

When you were forced on Eustass' ship, you thought you would die there. Even after the fear dissipated, you didn't realize that thought was still buried in some corner of your mind.

A pair of fingers snapped in front of your eyes.

«Oi, wake up, cabin boy.» Booka called. A malicious grin entered his features «Cabin boy. I'm gonna enjoy this.»

«Shut up.» you grumbled.

Most of the men were talking, excited to visit the black market once again before setting sails. Some had planned to drop by the brothels for "a quick hi" to their favourite women.

The thin relief you felt quickly turned in light nervousness when you entered the town.

Pirates and bandits were stepping aside at your passage, not wanting to be in the way of Eustass Kid.

Many stopped to the border of the street to stare.

It was no common thing to see the complete top ranks of the crew altogether.

You felt scanning gazes crawling on you, the little cabin boy among those huge pirates.

Your quick fingers lowered your hat to hide your eyes and you glanced at Kid, who was walking slightly ahead.

He seemed to enjoy the fear of the people, his stride was rhythmic and confident as he made his way into town.

Killer was by his side, enigmatic as always, while the other men proceeded proudly right behind, flashing aggressive smirks all around.

How the hell did I end up in a situation like this?

Your colours of observation tingled and you looked at the road in front of you.

What looked like a group of flashy-dressed thugs was marching in the opposite direction, and it appeared clear that they weren't going to cede the way to the Kid Pirates.

The one in front was a man with a prominent belly, more than ten feet tall, with greasy black hair pushed back, sunglasses and a big cigar hanging from his fat lips. He wore a gangster suit and a lot of golden rings.

His lackeys walked all around him.

Your eyes sharpened when you noticed the two young girls in chains that followed. They were wearing nothing more than silky underwear, and their faces were lowered under the whistles and dirty comments of the crowd.

«That one is Du Rewald.» Heat whispered, bending over you «He's a big shot among the slave-traders. He has a lot of men under his command here.»

«You don't say.» you hissed, eye fixed on the criminal.