Day 20

It was still dark when Kid finally stepped out of his cabin.

Most of the men were asleep, a few were laying, drunk, among the cordage, but not many. It was that hour which still harbours an unusual silence on the ship.

He crossed the deck, kicking away a couple of pirates who happened to hinder his path, and entered the galley.

Killer was already preparing breakfast, as he expected.

The blond raised his head from the pan.

«Good morning.»

«Fuck you and your morning.»

The first mate chuckled, adding more bacon on the fire.

«It's nice to have you back.»

Kid groaned, leaning his head against his knuckles.

He was still paler than usual, and purple rings were circling his bloodshot eyes.

With a sigh, Killer renounced the first portion to put a plate in front of his captain.

Kid didn't even bother to grab some cutlery, and immediately started to gobble down his breakfast.

«You didn't kill anyone, I hope.»

The redhead noisily swallowed and shot him a glare.

«There are just a few idiots outside. Where the fuck his the crew? I was expecting a total mess out there.»

Killer refilled his plate.

«There was, last night.»

«What happened then?»

The blond hesitated, turning back to the burners.

«Then... [Y/n] happened.»

There was a pause.

«What do you mean?»

«She put the men back on their feet. With her coffee and, well... very angry gesturing.»

Kid dropped the food he was holding.

Suddenly, he wasn't that hungry anymore.

«Where is she now?»

«I was on lookout duty tonight, so I gave her my bed. She's probably still asleep, like the rest of the crew.»

The captain grunted, leaning back on the chair.

«What else should I know?»

«We'll reach John's Dockyard tomorrow, and I think we should dock. The men need to let off some steam.»

«Fine.» Kid pushed the chair back and stood up «We celebrate Thorin tonight.»

Killer nodded.

«I'll give orders.»

You woke up late that day.

You didn't immediately recognize the cabin around you. For a moment, you thought the whole Kid Pirates thing was just a long, fucked up dream, and you forgot to breathe.

Then you remembered spending the night in Killer's bed, and everything cleared up.

After getting up, you went to the infirmary, where the Mohican was limping around, testing his leg.

The doctor visited you and gave you some other pills and medicament.

Your throat was still hurting and the voice didn't sound completely like yours yet, but now you could totally deal with it.