uneasiness

jungkook felt extremely awkward as he watched namjoon and hoseok talking. in his mind, he felt that if he joined in, that'd be rude, so he stayed quiet. as he watched the two of them talk, he saw the difference between namjoon talking to hoseok and namjoon talking to him. huh, i didn't know he could be so talkative. this made jungkook feel a bit sad, but what should he expect? they just met after all.

hoseok glanced at jungkook, seeing him act pouty. is this kid alright?? despite him being known as one of the nicest students in school, he couldn't think of anything good towards jungkook, except maybe his looks. in reality though, he never wanted to be the nice kid that everyone flocks to, but things just happen and now he has to maintain that role.

"ahem- so jungkook, did you guys just meet or have you two already known each other?" he already knew the answer to this because despite namjoon being well known and popular, he never liked having a big group of friends. hoseok just asked the question to seem like he was interested. (this snake☠️☠️)

jungkook wasn't expecting hoseok to actually talk to him so he stared back at him for 5 seconds, realizing that he was asked a question.

"-oh, we just met like an hour ago."

nothing came out of hoseok's mouth except a hmmm. jungkook could see the way his eyes were looking at him, he wasn't wanted.

"so uh, do you guys wanna go back and watch halftime? our marching band is really good." jungkook was trying to say anything to get hoseok to stop staring at him.

"well actually, i'm feeling a bit tired right now. wanna leave namjoon?"

huh?

"oh if you're tired we should leave then." namjoon got up from the seat, preparing to head off with hoseok. he turned to jungkook and smiled, "bye."

what's happening? does he really hate me that much?

just as the both of them were about to leave jungkook grabbed namjoon's arm.

"uh, yes?"

"oh um," he looked at hoseok, seeing that this time, the glare wasn't subtle. his hand released his grip. "can i get your number?"

hoseok turned to namjoon and gave him a what the fuck? look. he simply shrugged back in reply. he didn't know jungkook all that well but he knew he was a good kid. he'll just give him something else.

"well uh, give me your phone." jungkook complied. "here."

instead of namjoon's number, he got his instagram username. jungkook stared at it, dumbfounded at what happened.

"hope it's good enough," namjoon smiled weakly, "i gotta go now. bye"

and just like that, the both of them left, leaving jungkook alone.

a large sigh left his mouth as he got up."that was embarrassing..." he began walking back to his friends, digging his feet deep in the gravel after every step.

~~~~~~~
sorry for such a short chapter, if u can't tell by now, i'm just winging every chapter so my brain hasn't been cooperating lately. i'll try to pump more stuff out