converging

two days passed, and it was the day. the first football game this season was 3 hours away. everyone was preparing, whether it was putting their school colors on their body, picking the right outfit, or linking up with their friends.

namjoon has just been told that hoseok was going to pick him up at 6:30. he had no idea what this was for and what kind of outfit to wear. despite being popular, he was completely oblivious to everything that happened around him. on the announcements, they even mentioned that students should go to the game to support their team, and of course, he didn't pay attention.

he didn't want to go overboard with the clothes and end up at a rodeo, somewhere that hoseok has taken him before. instead, he chose to wear a white t-shirt with black shorts and an unbuttoned blue and white striped shirt.

(can y'all imagine omg ☠️)

once he was all dressed, he had an hour left to just chill. he laid out on his couch and took his phone out of his back pocket and began scrolling through instagram. he then saw a bunch of stories asking if they were going to the game. was that today? namjoon thought. hah, couldn't catch me there. as he as scrolling, he saw recommendations on who to follow. he saw one account with the username j.jk. wow, a lot of my friends are following him. have i met him before? without realizing it, he spent all his time on insta, aimlessly scrolling and finding new accounts.

"aish, when is he gonna get here. it's already over the time he said he'd arrive-"

KNOCK KNOCK... KNOCK KNOCK!!! KNOC-

"i'm coming!! goddamn, chill!!"

namjoon opened the door to where he was greeted with hoseok.

"why'd you take so long to open the door?"

"i literally opened it as soon as you knocked. now, where are you taking me?"

"get into the car and you'll see."

"you trouble me." namjoon said as he shook his head and grabbed his shoes. he yelled, "i'm leaving the house mom! i'll call you when i come back." and promptly left.

the both of them were jamming out to the music playing on the radio when namjoon realized that they were driving to their school.

"hah? why are we here?" namjoon said, hoping it wasn't what he thought it was.

"we're watching the game! i know you never go, so i have generously decided to take you," hoseok said while grinning and trying finding a parking spot.

"you dumbass! i don't go cause i hate crowds, it's not like i choose not to go cause i've got no friends to be with. i don't have a ticket either and i don't want to wait in line."

"i've got that covered already. cmon, it'll be fun. i paid $12 for both of our tickets."

"that's not even that expensive."