Sick Day

The Avengers were busy working on getting ready for a new mission. The members had on their suits, weapons in hand and made any last-minute checks before they head off to the hovercraft. Everyone, except Wanda and Vision. 

Wanda had, unfortunately, come down with the flu and Vision wanted to keep an eye on her, telling Tony to only call him into battle if it was absolutely necessary. Wanda figured that because she had been working so hard on the missions lately, she hadn't been taking the best care of herself. 

Wanda sat in her bed, a cup of warm tea in her hands and a blanket wrapped around her small body. Vision was sitting in a chair next to her bed, reading one of his many books. Pietro (yes, that one) knocked on his sister's door to tell them that the group was leaving. 

"Hey, just wanted to let you know that we are leaving now," Pietro said, walking up to his sister and putting a kiss on her head. 

"Thanks, don't die," Wanda said, trying to hold back a chuckle. 

"I'll do my best." Pietro left the room, knowing that Vision would take the best care of his twin sister and he had nothing to worry about except for the mission. 

Back in Wanda's room, Vision had moved next to Wanda in her bed. She cuddled up to her AI boyfriend, sipping her tea. 

"Finally, we can have some alone time without being interrupted." Wanda put her head on Vision's shoulder. 

"Why don't you draw a bath? I'll make you a new cup of tea and something to eat." Vision kissed her hair and took the now cold mug out of her hand. 

"That sounds great." Vision helps Wanda get out of bed and start the warm water for a bath before going to the kitchen to make Wanda some breakfast and some medicine. Five minutes later, Vision brought a warm bowl of oatmeal and a new mug of tea to the bedroom. 

"Wanda, love, I have your breakfast." Vision said from outside of the closed bathroom door.

"I'll be out in a minute." Wanda's voice echoed. She came out in a fresh pair of yoga pants and a baggy t-shirt and she had put her hair was up in a messy bun. As she ate, Vision kept her busy with conversation to make sure she ate every bite of her oatmeal even when she claimed she was not very hungry. The couple sat in silence for a while as Wanda sipped at her tea. 

"Vis, do you think we can take a walk around the track. I want to keep my mobility up, even though I am sick." Wanda asked, looking at Vision. 

"I think that would be a great idea." Vision kissed her head. They walked around the track for about an hour before Wanda felt too sick to her stomach to continue. They stayed on the couch, watching movies and cuddling under a blanket until they heard the Avengers come through the door. 

"Welcome back, everyone. How was the mission?" Vision said as the group of superheroes walked to the kitchen. 

"It was one of the easier ones. How was your day at home?" Pietro said, munching on a snack. 

"It was perfect without your annoying asses being here," Wanda said as Pietro walked over to the couple. Wanda just shooed him with her foot, to which he responded with ruffling her hair. 

"I hope Vision took the best care of you, sister," Pietro said. 

"Absolutely," Wanda responded, looking up at her boyfriend and smiling. "He always does." Vision kissed her forehead. 

"Great, well, I'm hungry. Have you eaten yet?" Pietro stood up and walked over to the kitchen. 

"I could use something to eat. I feel my appetite coming back." Wanda said sitting up and pulling Vision with her. 

The couple spent the rest of the night in bed, watching Netflix and cuddling. Wanda had another cup of tea and she was happy to have someone to take care of her like Vision. 

The End