•Chapter number thirty-two•

,,He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right
I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night."
Teardrops On My Guitar; Taylor Swift

-

Next day I woke up unusually early. I don't remember I've ever been so excited for the race. Just look at it: Monza, Tifosi, Lance starting from front row, Esteban right behind and Bulls lurking from behind. This race will have everything you wish for. Expect rain, but I think we had enough yesterday.

Although we were all enthusiastic about our quali result, because we might have found the light at the end of the tunnel, we didn't celebrate it. 'Cause you are not getting points for qualification. Race is the reason why are we here and for what we'll get (hopefully) some nice points.

,,Sascha!" I was on my way to the Williams pits when someone called me. I turned around to see grinning Esteban.

,,Este, hey! Shouldn't you be preparing yourself for the race?" I asked after I hugged him. I really like him, he is really a fun guy.

,,Yeah, I'm on my way. Excited for the race?" I think he can see it on my face.

,,Is that even a question? Of course I am!" I almost started jumping, I couldn't sleep properly because of the excitment.

,,I see...by the way I wanted to ask you one thing..." he suddenly became serious.

,,Go on."

,,I noticed that you and Lance are not that close as you used to. Did something happened between you two?" he asked and caught me off guard. Should I tell him the truth or make something up quickly?

,,Come here," I whispered and dragged him to our pits. Everybody was too busy preparing the car so nobody would pay close attention to us. Nobody actually noticed that we have intruder in the pink overall, ,,promise me you will keep it as a secret." Esteban nodded his head and I took a deep breath.

,,We had some ups and downs, but everything dramatically changed in Budapest....we...we..."

,,Slept together?" Esteban was clearly joking, but he has no idea he is actually right. I was watching him with a serious face, it took him a few seconds before he got it.

,,Wait...no..no...you are serious. You are not kidding." He widdened his eyes and looked around the pits, ,,how is that possible?" he whispered.

,,Alcohol my dear friend. It was a drunk mistake." But if I have to be honest, I don't feel it was a mistake when I look at it now.

,,But one night can't change a whole relationship...there must be something more..." Esteban keeps digging into a problem more and more. Why did I say him that? He will never leave me alone.
,,Let's say that we might have kissed after that. And I might have said that we should keep a distance."

,,Keep a distance? Why? He lov...you had such a great friendship..."

,,What did you say?" I interrupted him. Did he want to say love?

,,That you had a great..."

,,No, no, that before. I believe I misheared that," Esteban was quiet, slightly glancing around. Then he stared at something or someone behind me. I turned around to see the devil himself. Lance Stroll.